advertisement

My new record player inc a Video

Well done for buying it. I thought it was a bit of a bargain for the amount of effort and machining involved!

I would love to have a room like that, but I’d be constantly swapping stuff about I think I’d go insane trying to decide what’s best.

So with all the equipment at your disposal have you settled on the Tannoys and Transcriptors?

I would love you to setup another table you have with the same arm and cart as the silver machine and note the differences.

No , I have lots of other options , speakers and TTs

No time at the mo for tt testing

It’s not really my sort of thing but that is irrelevant as it is neither my money or living quarters.

I am sure it sounds great.

If there was a prize for being hifi nuts, you would get gold,can you tell us the cost of this wonderful turntable, and make of arm and cartridge , cheers

I am of the same opinion as Woodface but cant help feeling it would have to be used in the north sea for optimum performance! Sorry---Very.... and enjoy it.

But surely the rest of the hifi stuff there, you can thin out a lot of that. I am no expert but a lot is erm, not in keeping with the record deck there?

But surely the rest of the hifi stuff there, you can thin out a lot of that. I am no expert but a lot is erm, not in keeping with the record deck there?
It doesn’t matter, if anything it helps keep some perspective. At one point, I had the Sony mini system I bought at the age of 13 (I still have it in fact) and an Aktiv Linn Klimax system in the house at the same time!

49842420212_59876b3785_k.jpg

Now I don't feel so bad, having only two full systems and most of a third system. But why oh why do I have five headphone amps?

Hi , I'm a bit confused , Why do you need to know the price and where I live ?
He’s pulling your leg, just a friendly joke.

It’s clearly not a budget deck, the actual price doesn’t matter, what matters is you’re happy with it. I can’t understand the negativity, it’s a fascinating piece. It’s big, it’s bold, it makes a massive statement, and I’d imagine it sounds amazing.

I want an SME 30 which to be fair, looks rather industrial, and really wouldn’t suit everyone, but I love them, my dream deck... can’t afford one right now though.

It's his life, his money, his home, just let him enjoy it & share it with everyone without getting petty about what it looks like, what it cost, that is all irrelevant.

advertisement

Back