advertisement

My God a Porsche turntable?

The deck (tries to be polite) is rather interesting from a design/physics perspective. It certainly strays somewhat from the established ‘closed loop’ between arm and main bearing. I hate to think what happens when one walks over the wooden floor! I do rather like the solid marble mono amp chassis. That’s a pretty neat solution, looks nicely executed and must have taken some doing. I’d like to see what lurks beneath.

If it were a turntable actually engineered by Porsche, they'd start with a fundamentally flawed design principle but refine it over the decades using raw engineering prowess until it performs as well as designs based on a less compromised premise.

If it were a turntable actually engineered by Porsche, they'd start with a fundamentally flawed design principle but refine it over the decades using raw engineering prowess until it performs as well as designs based on a less compromised premise.

don’t forget the servicing costs, high enough to make Linn and Naim feel modest

They have come quite a long way since that naughty Ferdinand copied this in the 1930's:
Tatra-T97-Chasis.jpg

I would want to know if sniffing the pictured glue is absolutely essential to extract maximum enjoyment from the system, before making the purchase.

What's the amp in the middle in the wooden case? Doesn't look anything like a Little Bear T10. And what's the black round thing on the front that looks a bit like a record puck?

I expect they'd put the arm at the back, too...

They would also make most parts a cost option too, you know, like a cartridge, an arm, a platter, a motor…

This is on my watch list. Crazy and interesting. Probably go to a film company for HiFi Mad Max chill Out.

I must be missing something ? It looks like it was made from junk from a scrap yard

Defiantly not my cup of tea , Sorry

advertisement

Back