advertisement

MX5 purchasing

Didn't really consider it having a season in all honesty, thought it was popular most of the time weather permitting.

Didn't really consider it having a season in all honesty, thought it was popular most of the time weather permitting.

admittedly we did it in 2018 (last week of August, first week of Sept). Got the sleeper to Inverness, picked up a hire car and took 2 weeks, with detours to Orkney and Skye. We extended the route down to Loch Lomond, then flying back from Inverness. We did choose to stay in quieter places.

planned route3 by uh_simon, on Flickr

I have now been diagnosed to have recently been infected by that MX5 strain of the compulsive buying disorder syndrome called "openyourwalletitis". I find myself ogling over upgrades to said MX5 strain & getting all hot, sweaty & anxious about said matters as I surf that t'internet thingymajig.

It can only lead to ruin surely.

There goes the budget, just bought a second set of same alloys as backups, £140 for 4 with tyres although I have 4 brand new Avon tyres here ready to fit once refurbished, these are not in bad nick anyway, just need OCD tidying up.

Last edited:
Actually we had a mozzie free few days up in Scotland recently. Perhaps climate change is affecting them too now? Mind you we were not camping. But a day cycling around Rannoch did not have any mozzie activity.

Photos updated again, they seem to have disappeared from my account link further upstream, the initial uploads to Postimages was set at 7 day expiration even though my account says no expiration.

"I have just bought this : "

Last edited:
Looking between the lines over ownership options we decided that we needed flexibility after all for winter and summer, we have bought a hardtop for it.

Said "we" is SWMBO.

Online prices for hardtops are mad, £600-£800 asking prices, never paid anywhere near that for one, less than £400.

Last edited:
Looking between the lines over ownership options we decided that we needed flexibility after all for winter and summer, we have bought a hardtop for it.

Said "we" is SWMBO.

Online prices for hardtops are mad, £600-£800 asking prices, never paid anywhere near that for one, less than £400.
I currently am renovating a 2002 MR2 Spyder. Hardtops g ofor $4000 in USA. Consequently, you can't find one for less than a grand in UK and my car only cost a grand!

Arrived at the station for 9:27, train at 9:57, within the last 5 mins it is cancelled :mad:. Next one at 10:54, hope that isn't cancelled otherwise l am screwed.

advertisement

Back