Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Mustang E

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rodrat, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:16 PM.

1. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Anyone ordered or has one? Had a look today and it seems to offer a good combination of space, performance and range.

2. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

I used to get Mitsubishi's but I haven't tried any of these yet. :)

zygote23 likes this.
  3. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

On paper it looks good (if ugly!) but my main concern with it is that it's a Ford, as I've generally had reliability issues with them and the dealers I've tried have been universally awful.

4. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Generally been a Ford family over decades and never had a problem, luck of the draw I suppose.

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  5. Sonority

Sonority pfm Member

I wish that car manufacturers would state mileage available at a range of real world temps, not just the headline grabbing 'wltp' stuff that sets tax rates etc.
    They all quote 'max range' presumably at a maintained 22degrees c or some such.
    Now should (when) that drops below freezing, then Im guessing range would drop by a fairly large margin.
    Personally not keen on that huge iPad thing on the centre console. YMMV.

6. flutteringwow

flutteringwow Platinum Ears

The outside aint too bad..but the inside...that horrendous iPad style dash...

I find Ford dealers to be some of the best for customer service. They far exceed the likes of Audi and Volvo that's for sure.

7. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Case in point, VW ID3, wltp range 261, saw a YouTube video recently of an owner showing an indicated range of 94 mile only, this was fully charged in winter. (Granted, the range would go up as the battery warmed, but the gap between range depending on circumstances is disconcerting).

8. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

I am looking at the extended range rear wheel drive. Headline 379 miles and real world seems to be 280-300, less if I am driving and more if my wife is. It’s to replace an i3 which has been great but can’t be used as the main driver and lacks the inside space. Grandchildren on the horizon.

9. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Ugly looking thing and doesn't sound like a mustang should !!! Much prefer the Bullitt one !!

Tarzan, MUTTY1 and julifriend like this.
  10. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

the honest John page was always going on about how much less range you get than written on paper , especially in winter

PhilofCas likes this.
  11. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

This Carwow review on YouTube is mostly positive, but not entirely so.

My experience with Fords has not been great, so the Mustang Mach-E is not on my shortlist.

12. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I think it looks horrid inside and out, and I'm a Ford lifer. I hate all this SUV trend, bloody awful cars.

Zeusum, alanbeeb and TLS like this.
  13. Dave***t

Dave***t Revolutionary relativist

Why couldn’t they just make it a Mustang, but electric?

It looks corpulent and ugly, and completely obviously simply isn’t a Mustang.

As it is they should have called it the Gelding.

Snufkin, Cheese, sean99 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Or the Nag.

15. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

I think fundamentally it is an OK car, but a korean EV or a Skoda Enyaq would be a better buy than the mustang in my view.

16. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

That sounds terrible. As an EV owner (2019 i3s, range around 190 in summer) I can confirm that it does indeed drop in winter, but nowhere near that amount. I think the worst we've seen in two winters with it was about 120 miles range from a full charge, which has been fine for us as it's a second car.

On the subject of the Mustang Mach-E. No. It's no oil painting (but then neither is the i3s) but it would be way down my list for other reasons. We're thinking of changing the i3s for something a bit roomier anyway, but it's really difficult to look further than either the forthcoming Tesla model Y or the latest Kia/Hyundai offerings. The E, like the iPace, sits in a strange place and will probably be an also-ran in the grand scheme of EV things.

I'm sure that, despite what I've written, the E will probably be a pretty competent car. But it's a 'catchie-up' model, like the VW IDs and the Mini Es, just getting to the starting line when some of the others are further on. BMW's just as bad - the i3 had a huge head-start on most, but BMW fell asleep on the toilet, and their new efforts (abhorrent grille design aside) are a bit lame considering how much further on BMW could have been by now...

PhilofCas likes this.
  17. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

I have looked into the Korean ev’s and the Skoda but they are all a bit small, Jaguar and Tesla much more expensive on a pcp and to be honest my wife doesn't give a monkeys about what badge is on the back. She may hate it when we have a test drive anyway.

18. hc25036

hc25036 pfm Member

The Polestar 2 fits in the gap between the ID4 and the Jag…..

19. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Just had another look at the Skoda, seems good value until you look at the standard specs and the huge list of options even on the top of the range. Will have a look at the Polestar.

20. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

I think the Polestar 2 is my favourite, for now, but I'm put off by the apparent inefficiency. Figures seem to suggest it achieves around 2.5 miles/kWh, where most are managing >3. Not sure whether that's just poor energy management software, and thus might get fixed by a mid-life update, or whether it's more fundamental to the engineering choices made.