advertisement

[FS] Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

Salamander

pfm Member
For sale is a small amplifier, ideal for anyone wanting to 'get into' valves. Will be sold with either TAD 5881, 6L6 or EL34 power tubes, the other two pairs can be purchased for a small extra cost. All have only had a few hours use and may not even be fully run in yet.
Pre amp valves are GE 5693's (purchased NOS for £50), but I also have for sale a pair Mullard EF86 Mesh Plates with an adaptor.
This amplifier has an excellent headphone amp as well, comes in original condition, and you can find plenty more info regarding mods on the internet, any questions feel free to ask.
It is only rated at 6-8 watts but worked ok with a pair of Quad 57's and with any 90db+ speakers will quite easily fill your average size room with music.
It has auto biasing and can also be used with the KT88 family.
Prices:
Amplifier £400
Mullard EF86 £20

It's been pointed out to me my price is very close to the advertised new price. Of course that price doesn't included import charges, approx £100 and I have replaced the original valves at a cost of approx £100. My post above, make an offer still stands.

I've read on forums some users purchased this amp to use as a headphone amplifier only. I did try that output and it sounded fine, but not being much of a headphone user it is difficult for me to say how good it is.

Hi there - just wondering if you still have any of the spare tubes for sale? EF86? 5693 etc? Thanks

Hi there - just wondering if you still have any of the spare tubes for sale? EF86? 5693 etc? Thanks

I've not got any pre amp, they were sent with the amp, got a couple of TAD 5881's which have had less than 10hrs, yours for £20 inc uk postage.

advertisement

Back