advertisement

Musical Fidelity Triple X170/M1 DAC - naïve power supply question

the-chauffeur

Hello folks

Not entirely sure how to phrase my question, but see if you can follow along . . .

. . . I've had an M1 (V2) DAC for a while now and have just got my hands on a Triple X170 power supply (along with the X-T100 amp). I seem to remember reading the internal power supply of the M1 isn't the greatest and am wondering what the practicalities of modding both it and the X170 to work with each other might be. An auction on eBay led me to these folks who can modify the M1 to take an onboard power supply but I've not seen anyone do anything similar to what I'm considering anywhere else.

The X170 has an output for the previous generation DAC (X-DAC V8), so I'm kinda hoping MF have employed similar architecture (and therefore similar power requirements) across the models. Unfortunately it's impossible for me to tell since in typical MF fashion, schematics and service info is unavailable.

Thoughts and/or ideas/suggestions as to where to start would be very helpful.

Dude!

I spotted the image on one of your posts a few days after I updated my profile and thought I don't remember posting anything . . . hang on . . . .

I've been using him all over the place for a long time now. I've had an account here for years but it's only recently I've returned and added/updated the Timmy sheep. Don't worry, I'll probs go very quiet again soon . . .

advertisement

Back