Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Musical Fidelity M6s DAC, Pro-Ject Head Box DS2B

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by hi-fi132, Aug 1, 2022.

1. hi-fi132

hi-fi132 pfm Member

I'm continuing to downsize my system and I have for sale my Musical Fidelity M6s DAC and Pro-Ject Head Box DS2B fully balanced headphone amplifier. Both are in black and in immaculate condition, in their original packaging with all accessories, manuals, cables etc and the remote control for the DAC.

The DAC is probably one of the finest I've ever heard (and I've heard a lot). The reviews say it all - huge sound stage, effortless sound and it doesn't sound digital at all. It has 3 coax and 3 optical inputs, plus USB, full remote control and a brilliant headphone amp on board. You get balanced and unbalanced line outputs that can be set to either fixed line level or variable level to drive a power amplifier directly for a simple all-digital system. The DAC did take a short trip back to the distributor for a power supply repair, and was given a clean bill of health and a firmware upgrade at the same time. It has operated flawlessly in the months since.

The Head Box is a fully balanced dual-mono headphone amplifier with settings for gain and current. It has driven everything I've thrown at it from planars and HD650s to studio reference cans and everything in between. Alps volume control, relay switching for inputs and settings, balanced and single ended inputs with loop outputs for both.

The headphone amp comes with an upgraded power brick which is much better than the project original, which is also included. Asking price for the head box is £350. Asking price for the DAC is £700. Delivery will be extra but I have the original boxes as mentioned, as well as external shipping boxes and will ensure they are packed well. Shipping will be roughly £10 for the head box and £20 for the DAC within mainland UK. I'm willing to listen to offers and answer any questions. Pictures available on request. Please private message or respond to the thread if interested.

2. hi-fi132

hi-fi132 pfm Member

3. hi-fi132

hi-fi132 pfm Member

both now on eBay, 99p starting price with no reserve.