advertisement

Musical fidelity Digilog

justshoemark

pfm Member
Hi all have just got one the the above.
Believe it to be MF's first DAC.
Think the one I have brought may need some repair as the optical input socket is missing.
Any one had one or still use one.
Just wondering is anyone has modified one at all.
Has anyone retro fitted something to an older dac to take a usb input.
Many thanks

I used to sell these. Sonically it was an excellent product in its day.
Case work is good but physical UI was a tad iffy. I still remember the little round button caps pinging off across the room!!

Modification wise there must be something out there in forum land, especially with MF's reputation for using the cheapest components possible in many of their products. A road worth investigating.

Opened it up today.
Someone has unsoldered the toslink socket. And they have changed the stander phono digital in for a screw coax type.
So might not need much to get it up and going. Cost me 150 buying it. Not sure if that's good or bad. .

I think you got a bargain, the last digilog sold in Germany went for over 350€. I dropped out of the bidding at 220€

Try and keep halfway original, the last I one saw on the UK auction site had had every conceivable Mod done, probably not for the better.

I had one (un modified, but with a missing button) back in the day and I rated it highly. I think I p/x’d it for an Audio Alchemy rig.

I think you got a bargain, the last digilog sold in Germany went for over 350€. I dropped out of the bidding at 220€

Try and keep halfway original, the last I one saw on the UK auction site had had every conceivable Mod done, probably not for the better.
Was that the one that had a valve buffer added on and other bits? I remember that one. Apparently belonged to a classical composer.

Designed by Tim de Paravicini and launched in the late 1980s, not only was it Musical Fidelity's first DAC but claimed to be the first ever stand alone DAC. Still holds it own today in terms of musicality but less so in detail. Sold mine several years ago and rather wish I hadn't.

advertisement

Back