advertisement

Music royalties and Paul Gadd...

Flute solos should be prosecuted.

Flute Solos is innocent!

I recently bought a Gary Glitter best of download. Part of my youth that was missing. The first 7" 45 I bought was I'm the leader (of the gang.) I quite like Wagner as well. He didn't like jewish people. Hildegard of Bingen walled up naughty nuns and left them to die. Yet O Euchari is awesome.

BTW the character in the Joker is a victim of child abuse, so there may be some artistic 'irony' in playing a convicted abuse criminals song in the movie- which accompanies the scene of his descent into insanity (hell)
I am very sure that the writer knew very well what he was doing here.

I believe all royalties from prog rock should be confiscated by the state. Particularly those with keyboard noodling and drum solos greater than two minutes. Flute solos should be prosecuted.
You had a lucky escape from the Focus concert I saw on Saturday. In addition to some keyboard noodling there was a drum solo so long that the other musicians left the stage. Thijs Van Leer was walking around in the audience. There was also a flute solo and a bassist playing a 6 string bass the size of a canoe. The yodelling, of course, went without saying. It was fantastic.

You had a lucky escape from the Focus concert I saw on Saturday. In addition to some keyboard noodling there was a drum solo so long that the other musicians left the stage. Thijs Van Leer was walking around in the audience. There was also a flute solo and a bassist playing a 6 string bass the size of a canoe. The yodelling, of course, went without saying. It was fantastic.
I’d love to hear them again, last time was when I was 16 (support was Golden Earring once and a band called Algonquin the other) Didn’t know they were still on the go!

I’d love to hear them again, last time was when I was 16 (support was Golden Earring once and a band called Algonquin the other) Didn’t know they were still on the go!
I think they have a London date next week. Jan Akermann (Ackerman?) is no longer in the band but they do all the stuff you'd expect and the musicianship is outstanding. They still clearly enjoy it too, even in a little provincial theatre that doubles as a Methodist church.

Edit - they are all over England, Wales and Scotland for the next 3 weeks.

I believe all royalties from prog rock should be confiscated by the state. Particularly those with keyboard noodling and drum solos greater than two minutes. Flute solos should be prosecuted.

That be fighting talk. I'm giving you nothing.

I feel sorry for the Glitter band. Gadd will benefit from the Publishing but the band probably wont.

Stephen

The story goes that TVL saw a tribute band, Out of Focus and liked them so much he joined the band.

They toured for a while as Out of Focus until someone said "why don't you just call yourselves Focus?'

Lots of bands have reformed with some (or all) original members now the children of their fans have left home. I saw the Pop Group a year or so ago and Caravan, Gong, Soft Machine, Jethro Tull (well Ian Anderson) and Van Der Graaf Generator are all still gigging. The latter as good as they ever were.

Ian Anderson did a brilliant flute solo on one of my songs. For that I will be eternally greatful.

Stephen

advertisement

Back