advertisement

Music in restaurants

Music in restaurantd

• Total voters
Went to Fellinis in Ambleside on Saturday for madam's birthday and they had on some Michael Franks ... seemed about right. Food was great too :)

You have not lived until you ate in a 'Greek Taverna' and this guy performing right by your table ...

When I lived in KL we used to Passage through India resto and they would have Indian musicians playing live. Most cool, and the food was awesome.

I once went to a Hungarian restaurant in Rome where a violinist went round the tables playing tragic-romantic music and sort of grinning and leering. I quite liked that. But I don't like the piped stuff with the repetitive bass out of 24 tiny speakers in the ceiling so you can't talk normally.

Context on what's played is everything and it can be part of a restaurant's 'brand' - witness the number of places playing vinyl on retro gear. I can think of a few that have (at least when I've been) got the choice and loudness of music spot-on without it being too much of a distraction.

This place looks horrible and vulgar to me whenever I pass it, but it may be wonderful, I’ve never been in and it’s survived for years and years, so it may have something going for it

https://www.sarastro-restaurant.com/

From the website, it looks less horrible and vulgar than when I went 10+ years ago (bizarre location for a work Christmas lunch) - there was some 'quirky' art on the walls of the gents :eek:
[Edit:] Pictures (probably NSFW) available on Google!

advertisement

Back