advertisement

Music for my funeral...

Johnny Blue

I made it to 'Member'!
Forgive me if this has been done before, but seeing a post elsewhere on this forum reminded me: has any one else got a particular (and quirky?!) piece of music that they would like to be played at their funeral?

Mine is (and it has been for a long time) Ornette's trumpet solo on the 'Golden Number', on the eponymous LP by Charlie Haden: achingly beautiful to my ears, but would probably clear the crematorium chapel!

Yes, it has been done before, but this allows me to repeat my hilarious suggestion of "Fire" by Arthur Brown for a cremation.

Almost as good would be the strains of "Down Down Deeper and Down" by Status Quo at a burial. Almost worth dying just for that. :D

Possibly a song by Ginger Baker which I don't know the title of, but it stops at regular intervals so he can shout cock and **** and so forth. I'd insist on it being a church service.

easy getting carried up the aisle has to be "margate" chas n dave
then" sweetest feeling "by Jackie wilson as its just so happy and I want a laugh at my funeral :D

as before: the bod themetune, quietly in background when Im slowly going down the isle.

then Just Like heaven (Dinosaur) when im rolled away off to the fire.

Theme for Lester Young (Goodbye Pork Pie Hat)

Charlie Mingus

Great, but will clear the crem faster than a fast thing.

I heard on the radio of funeral where they choose "We are the champions" by Queen, but mistimed how long things would take, and the player moved onto the next track - "Another one bites the dust"!

I quite like the idea of 'when the saints' but more appropriately would be AC/DC's 'Highway to Hell'...

Always with me, always with you, Joe Satriani.
and one of the Dogs D'Amour tracks off the 'Graveyard of empty bottles' EP
going to be an Angel today - or somesuch

Alice Cooper - I love the dead

Not that I like the song, but as it's about necrophilia so it might bring me some posthumous amusment.

advertisement

Back