advertisement

Muscle Shoals

Bart

pfm Member
Watched the programme on Sky Arts a few days ago. Really good historical summary and great music, well worth a viewing if it comes around again. Featured artists Aretha, Pickett, Sledge, Etta and a bit of Lynyrd. I will definitely be seeking some of that stuff out soon - sounded fantastic even on my TV!!

Watched the programme on Sky Arts a few days ago. Really good historical summary and great music, well worth a viewing if it comes around again. Featured artists Aretha, Pickett, Sledge, Etta and a bit of Lynyrd. I will definitely be seeking some of that stuff out soon - sounded fantastic even on my TV!!
It is a great documentary; I watched it a few years ago on Netflix but it seems to have gone now. Also of note, The Wrecking Crew and epic Eagles docs are also fantastic.

Oh yeah, The Stones featured in Musvle Shoals as well, always good to see what they looked like 50 years ago - Keef looked particularlywell.

I started watching the Muscle Shoals documentary earlier but then had to go out. I must watch the end of it later. The Eagles documentary mentioned is superb.

Oh yeah, The Stones featured in Musvle Shoals as well, always good to see what they looked like 50 years ago - Keef looked particularlywell.

My friend Jim Dickinson usually features in that part of the story, his version of how he came to be the pianist on "Wild Horses" is entertaining.

advertisement

Back