Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Munich show 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Purité Audio, May 16, 2022.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

graystoke4 and Leeken like this.
  2. sjs

sjs Trade: SJS Electroacoustics

It will be interesting to see what it is like this year

3. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Well its finally here , the pics are flooding FB , anyone got the privelige of going ?

4. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

As mentioned in the other place, I’m here but I haven’t heard many rooms yet on account of my flight being delayed by 2 hours, having to attend some press launches and the bars being open and serving beer.

That said, the standout of the show for me so far is the new Mission 770s. Absolutely superb.

5. lencotweaker

lencotweaker Mostly dreaming of record players

Looks like the Naim announcement was a non-event. Any news/pics of the rumoured Linn tonearm?

6. suzywong

suzywong Wot, no electrons?

Been a few of those of late, unless you are a fan of “grey tin & concrete” colour.

lencotweaker likes this.
  7. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

New Yammy R-N2000A looks good

[​IMG]

8. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

9. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

The Fyne Classics are certainly going after Tannoy, look beautifully made as well?

Watched this overnight, quite enjoyed it.

BlueYeti, chris@panteg, Rana and 4 others like this.
  10. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member

Plus the new PT album will be with us in a months time.

11. per flemming

per flemming Registered User

A pity tickets for saturday already sold out.

12. Purité Audio

13. Dogill

Dogill Member

Best sound of the show for me : Grimm LS1be . The Wilson Chronosonic sounded very good in the Nagra room as they were playing classical music at reasonable volume. Worst sound : the various B&W D4 series speakers , I was deeply shocked how metallic they sounded in various rooms.

AndyU likes this.
  14. Purité Audio

We’re Grimm demonstrating a tri-field set up?
    Keith

15. tonerei

tonerei pfm Member

Yes the Fyne speakers are definitely a step up from the Tannoy Legacy models in terms of quality of finish. Prices are very high though. Be prepared for the shock.

Best one for me was the Oswald Mills speakers. Just loved the sound. Think they are 5-way but the size is relatively small enough to fit in a large sitting room.
    The Nagra room with the Wilsons was indeed excellent as was the Einsteins but you would need a castle sized function room for them to work.

The Oswald Mills turntable was 350K euro to 450K euro :D The designer Jonathon whatever his surname is, was a very confident fella. Entertaining to listen to and all the vinyl he played was absolutely excellent. I would think the best of the best available whatever that is.

I found myself thinking speakers for 10-15k sounded really good and were a bargain. This was how much my mind got warped by 100k-250k speakers in various rooms!

First visit and with a group of friends it was really very relaxed and enjoyable. Really nicely spaced out nothing like the packed hordes at Scalford :)

Oswald Mills for me if I win the euromillions jackpot.

16. LuisAlmeida

LuisAlmeida pfm Member

Why non event ?

17. Allaboutmusic

Allaboutmusic pfm Member

18. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Mmm will have to compare the new fyne with my eaton legacy , i am quite happy with finish . Look forward to hearing them and we have a local dealer here

Mr Pig likes this.
  19. anubisgrau

anubisgrau pfm Member

Jonathan Weiss. He's by now very experienced with the shows, it's nearly 20 years of presenting his limited range of products. Everyone would learn by now how to get the best out of them in any conditions. That said, I like the look of his stuff - never had a chance to hear it. Our US Russian horn friend hates him to the max.

20. barryb

barryb pfm Member

A real backwards step for Hegel's design IMO. That power amp looks like it's going to run out of colour soon.

Tarzan and Cato like this.