Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Munich Hi-End

Discussion in 'audio' started by Purité Audio, May 9, 2019.

1. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

I have no doubt WB have done their homework on noise pick up, or rather their outsourced motor design team have.

matt j likes this.
  2. ssimon

ssimon pfm Member

I hope this turntable is good, but when it relies on a team, we all know about weak links.

P.S. I noted Fremer didn't ask the normal question "does it sound good?"

3. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Manufacturer and Distributor

Or even "what does it cost?" :)

topoxforddoc likes this.
  4. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

"Ridged for her pleasure"...

5. Joe

Joe pfm Member

He did ask but didn't get an answer.

G T Audio likes this.
  6. duckworp

duckworp pfm Member

Munich is one of those shows everyone interested in Hi-Fi should visit at least once in their lifetime. This was my second year attending and I am already looking forward to next year. The show is simply incredible. Everything in Hi-Fi is there: from the sublime to the ridiculous. And many rooms sound better than anything you will hear anywhere, ever. And some sound mediocre and allow you to feel smug that your system at home costs a tenth of this and sounds so much better.

Some observations: the attendees are different to UK shows. In the UK hifi shows are almost exclusively inhabited by older British males. In Munich it is all ages, all nationalities, and whilst males are in the majority there are many women present. It is refreshing to see. And people seem to be having fun: the atmosphere is buzzing.

Audio_Therapy likes this.
  7. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

I will try and arrange a visit to Munich (I used to live there and it's still one of my favourite cities) to coincide with the show in future. If nothing else it'll demonstrate to my wife that what I spend on hi-fi kit isn't all that bad by comparison.

duckworp likes this.
  8. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

You might then consider to visit hotel Marriott too.

They usually have an alternative (hifi-deluxe) non crowded show.
    Free entrance

Some interesting exhibitors, amo FM acoustics, JMP, Audio Note, Fyne.

Indeed FM are very good sound, prices ignored.
    French JMP very consistent too

Much crap too but obviously not as much as in MOC

9. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

Where is that? How do you get there by public transport? I heard about it while at the High End show but could not find the info...

10. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

Sounds interesting and is more products that I would potentially buy - I already have an Audio Note amp but would be interested in hearing more of their stuff and the Fyne speakers look interesting and aren't expensive.

11. pure sound

pure sound Trade: manufacturer/distributor

There was a free shuttle bus service operating from opposite the MOC. Nordfriedhof is the nearest U-Bahn station (also on the U6)

12. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

We normally visit Munich using our motorhome and stay at the campsite at Thalkirken and it's a nice cycle ride up the river and through the Englischer Garten from there to Nordfriedhof - sounds like it could be a good day out. I just need to make up a reason for being in Munich at the right time and then mention in passing to my wife that there happens to be a hi-fi show on...

13. monya

monya pfm Member

And only 25 euros for 3 day pass I believe.

14. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

I also asked, and didn't get an answer either!

15. ssimon

ssimon pfm Member

A few years ago they made their first hi-show appearance (although long in production) at the Indulgence show in London. It was the best show sound I'd ever heard, using a Vetere turntable and PMC industrial size and looking speakers.Sadly 2 years ago they brought their own speakers and the sound was meh!

16. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

Same here

17. gordon

gordon formerly known as chainrule.

the R1 rack is $8500/shelf US, so i'm guessing it's 6 figures min.

18. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Hmmm, looks like they've largely just stuck a noisy gear inside that technics...

19. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

What gear? I think that's a stator

20. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

WB deck rumoured to be in the same price bracket as the new Tech Das so circa $300-400k