advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
To some extent, Pochettino's refusal to rule out leaving the club at the end of last season probably set the stage for this year's disappointments. Tottenham has had that look of "every man for himself" this year.

If nothing else, I would expect that their attitude will change under Mourinho. I do think Tottenham will play better, and with more of a team concept, for the rest of this year. Whether the honeymoon lasts depends on two obvious things. First, currently disgruntled players need to start playing up to their contracts, and second, Tottenham has to do better in the next few transfer windows.

From reports I heard from Spurs supporters, one of the players was knocking off the wife of a fellow player, hence the lack of unity on the pitch, and Erickson not ''being in the right frame of mind to play'', and him wanting away from the club. If true, then Mourinho will have his work cut out.

Love it. Good to know this one still does the rounds, piss poor runs of form are usually accompanied by stories illicit games of hide the sausage among the players/management WAGS. In our case it was Pardew.

I bet all the Spurs youngsters are eyeing up transfers/loans now, and all the 30/31 year old mediocre Europeans will be sniffing around Spurs looking for a payday when Mourniho decides to fill the squad with pensioners.

Poch lost his job because the squad needed freshening up and games were lost as money was tight. Also the dressing room was not in a happy place, apparently. So they bring in Mour who will to spend twice as much as the sacked one and turn the dressing room into a battle field. Levy works in mysterious ways.

My mate Keith the Spurs supporter reckons the side's fans liked Poch a lot, despite the fact the team were losing. They hadn't begun to boo and abuse him. Mourinho, however, will get it in the neck if the team doesn't start winning straight away.

Poch was done as a force the day Spurs lost to Liverpool in The Champions League Final. The players realized this pretty quickly as well. That's why some of them decided to leave.

It will be interesting to see Mourinho trying to bring Kane to heel. It wouldn't surprise me if the latter heads off to Spain. He's never really been a proper captain of England, unlike the great John Terry.

Jack

Newport County had the pleasure of playing Spurs in the FA cup 2 seasons ago and drew 1-1 , in his summary of the game, Pochettino was pure class in a non patronising way and said the lower leagues were the heart of football.
We played Middlesborough the following season and beat them 2-0,their manager Tony Pulis (born in Newport) couldn't wait to get out of here and didn't have a good word to say.

So,a lot of love for Poch.

Cheers

Tony

My mate Keith the Spurs supporter reckons the side's fans liked Poch a lot, despite the fact the team were losing. They hadn't begun to boo and abuse him. Mourinho, however, will get it in the neck if the team doesn't start winning straight away.

Poch was done as a force the day Spurs lost to Liverpool in The Champions League Final. The players realized this pretty quickly as well. That's why some of them decided to leave.

It will be interesting to see Mourinho trying to bring Kane to heel. It wouldn't surprise me if the latter heads off to Spain. He's never really been a proper captain of England, unlike the great John Terry.

Jack

Well he isn’t a racist nor has he shagged a team mate’s wife unlike the scumbag Terry.

Love it. Good to know this one still does the rounds, piss poor runs of form are usually accompanied by stories illicit games of hide the sausage among the players/management WAGS. In our case it was Pardew.

I remember before Cantona moved to United, the rumour was that Eric was shagging Lesley Ash, who was married to Lee Chapman, the Leeds forward.

Then there was Trevor Morley supposedly having a bit of how's your father, with another West Ham player at the time..

Zaha was supposedly knocking off Moyes daughter when he managed United, and that's why he wasn't picked to play. lol. .. indeed, it's all good fun, better than Loose Women on the terraces at times.

From The Guardian this morning - “Trading Pochettino for Mourinho is liking changing your iPhone X1 for a Nokia 8210 because the battery’s run out.”
I think Pochettino's managerial trophies would fit quite comfortably into Jose's trophy cabinet.;)

I keep trying to quell the rising apathy and bring on my enthusiasm for football ,it comes and goes . The bubble will surely one day burst , manager merry go rounds , mercenary foreign footballers , players crashing ££££££ cars , injury feigning prima donnas . I know the late 60's , early 70's were ugly off the pitch but watch Leeds v Chelsea 1970 FA cup final replay or George Best , Jimmy Greaves , Chopper Harris , Tommy Smith , Alan Ball driving himself and his team through the mud....
Ok I feel better now , so what we got this weekend City v Chelsea should be good .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back