advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how many of Littlewood’s many international withdrawals this week will miraculously recover for the weekend.
To be fair I can see how a player carrying a ‘niggle’ would want some recovery time. Speaking from personal experience, when I was playing for Cranbourne Village reserves in the Sunday League division 5, I had to refuse a call up from Ron Greenwood due to an ongoing ankle issue. He was devastated of course, but what could I do?

It will be interesting to see how many of Littlewood’s many international withdrawals this week will miraculously recover for the weekend.

You need to find the positives Bob. Raheem will be fresh, having effectively rendered himself unavailable for one of the two games he should have played.

Gotta love Mr Levy's heartfelt words of praise. o_O
"Mauricio and his coaching staff will always be part of our history," added Levy.

"I have the utmost admiration for the manner in which he dealt with the difficult times away from a home ground whilst we built the new stadium and for the warmth and positivity he brought to us. I should like to thank him and his coaching staff for all they have contributed. They will always be welcome here.

"We have a talented squad. We need to re-energise and look to deliver a positive season for our supporters."

That moved rather quickly. Jose has a great record but I do think he's on the downward slope. Not sure what Tottenham fans will make of it

Well that's shaken the Premier League up! Poch did a great job at Spurs, his only big regret will be not winning the title the year Leicester did. That was a massive chance they had and they blew it.

Just looked at the league table and had to scroll a long way down before I saw Spurs in 14th place! We've been so used to see them in or around the top 4/5 for the last few seasons. They're actually closer in points to the bottom team than they are to the top team.

Maybe it's not such a shock after all?

Daniel Levy said Mourinho has a record for winning. I don't think it will happen at Spurs though. Teams have a killer instinct, or they don't.

One of my best friends supports Spurs. He reckons the team have failed because people like Kane haven't been putting in a proper shift. The other reason is Levy has refused to buy new players, except for Sessegnon, and the Spurs team is getting on a bit.

Unlike Chelsea, Spurs haven't got a world-class academy of players to draw on. Long may they lose.

Jack

Last edited:
From reports I heard from Spurs supporters, one of the players was knocking off the wife of a fellow player, hence the lack of unity on the pitch, and Erickson not ''being in the right frame of mind to play'', and him wanting away from the club. If true, then Mourinho will have his work cut out.

Gotta love fan loyalty :rolleyes:
Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Tottenham fan Emma Nottage said: "It has been a surreal 12 hours. I went to bed without a manager and I have woken up with a new manager. Last night I didn't want him but the more I have thought about it, I'm actually quite excited. He is proven and Poch wasn’t, he has never been able to take that next step.

"I'm so grateful for the last five years and he has been amazing, it has been the best ride I have ever been on as a Spurs fan. But we need to take that next step and we need to win stuff and I do not think Jose will disregard the lower cups. You have got to start small and not aim for the stars and I think he will prove a few people wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back