advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s fun watching the Southern United trying to buy themselves a Premier League title again. What’s the spend up to now have you made 200 million yet? Strange how not long since you were all hopping up and down clutching your dangly bits about God’s own football club trying to do the same ;)

It’s fun watching the Southern United trying to buy themselves a Premier League title again. What’s the spend up to now have you made 200 million yet? Strange how not long since you were all hopping up and down clutching your dangly bits about God’s own football club trying to do the same ;)
Chelsea fans are highly rational realists to a man who recognise that modern football is about money. As such we would never clutch our dangly bits about another club, even one from up north, buying in players. It’s just a fact of life if you want to win stuff. Also, as supreme rationalists we know about Einstein’s famous dictum that God does not play football and calling any club ‘God’s own’ is just wrong!

Chelsea fans are highly rational realists to a man who recognise that modern football is about money. As such we would never clutch our dangly bits about another club, even one from up north, buying in players. It’s just a fact of life if you want to win stuff. Also, as supreme rationalists we know about Einstein’s famous dictum that God does not play football and calling any club ‘God’s own’ is just wrong!

If only all Chelsea fans on this page would follow such a dictum ;)

I’ll tell Klopp he needs to spend more money if he ever wants to win the Prem.
When the new season thread starts up, maybe there should be a competition for the most expensive subs bench? :rolleyes:

Chelsea have not been able to participate in the last couple of windows and are now spending the money from some significant recent sales - what part of that is difficult to understand?
Of course the time to assess who's spent what is after the window closes - I'm confident that Pep will be unable to resist the temptation to have yet another crack at buying a decent centre back so that City will be solid enough to get past teams like Lyon in the CL next season.;)

Chelsea have not been able to participate in the last couple of windows and are now spending the money from some significant recent sales - what part of that is difficult to understand?
Of course the time to assess who's spent what is after the window closes - I'm confident that Pep will be unable to resist the temptation to have yet another crack at buying a decent centre back so that City will be solid enough to get past teams like Lyon in the CL next season.;)

Ah yes, forgot that Chelsea had actually been convicted of cheating ;)

Seem to recall your Big Cup adventure ended particularly gloriously this year as well.

Seem to recall your Big Cup adventure ended particularly gloriously this year as well.
Yes indeed - Chelsea were hammered by the eventual winners of the competition.
A bit less embarrassing than going out to a team that finished 7th in Ligue 1 last season don't you think?
I wonder how much more City will have to spend ( over a billion so far) to even get close to winning the 'Big Cup' - 50 years and counting - tick tock.:)

[QUOTE="ks.234, post: 4103554, member: 24673...God does not play football and calling any club ‘God’s own’ is just wrong![/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about that.

dOW8ZU0.jpg

So the England manager is lying when he says that it did not involve the hotel?
Anyway I am expecting a full hour Dan Roan special on the BBC where they can give their version of what happened to be repeated at least twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back