advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary.

He admits he hasn’t watched the film.

Even Sky pundits taking the piss out of him now over his hypocrisy.

Google Eva Carneiro, Anders Frisk or Tito Villanova to see what a yob he is.
What's any of that got to do with his correct assertion that Citeh have no class?

You may well be right; time will tell.
Personally I think Sarri is still in the process of learning about his players and will no doubt make improvements to the shape and system of the team in the coming weeks and months.
I think it's quite refreshing to see a coach who's quite happy to work with and improve the players at his disposal as opposed to just buying trophies.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6115504...-spending-hits-1bn-after-man-city-mahrez-deal

You troll!

No body improves players better than Pep.

Mahrez is a good impact sub.

He’ll get better under Pep, as every player he has signed.

Anyway your hypocricy is exposed with this link that shows how much Chelski have spent since the Russian gangster bought them and bankrolled them with laundered money.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-transfer-spend-under-roman-abramovich#slide0

Have a read and tell me how many players any of your subsequent 145 managers improved any of them.

No body improves players better than Pep.

Yet not one single home grown player has he improved sufficiently to become a part of the first team in two and a half years?
Pep is a cheque book manager as is perfectly demonstrated by him spending 60 million on 'a good impact sub'.

Just like to say I thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon's game at the Amex. The score flattered Utd who were made to look poor by excellent performances from our central midfielders Stephens and Propper who gave Pogba and the other two no room to work. Our new signings both played well.

Our first few fixtures (Watford, Man Utd, Liverpool, Fulham, Southampton, Spurs, man City)are almost as tough as our last five last season (Spurs, Burnley, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool) so the three points are most welcome.

You can't describe Watford, Fulham, Southampton and Spurs as tough in comparison to the last four games that you mention from last season surely.... :)

Having just watched the Chelsea Arsenal game back on TV, it seems to me that Chelsea's woeful defending was down to having Kante too far forward to be effective in defence, and Jorginho being crap at defending. My pet hate is defenders turning their back on a ball coming in, the sort of thing we'd have got a b*ll*cking for at Sunday League level. Jorginho turned his back for the first goal, where if he'd stood up big he'd have been able to get a block on the shot, and he turned his back again for the cross that led to the second.

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot else wrong with our defending, but we sorted it out at the start of the second half by playing Kante deeper and then by bringing Kovacic on. On first showing Kovacic looks like a good all rounder like Kante, both with the ability to go forward, defend and find a pass. Those two playing in tandem together, taking it in turns to go forward while the other drops back, leaving gorgeous Jorge free to exploit any space - could be very interesting. We just need someone to stick the ball in the net!

Man alive United were poor at the back. As good as Brighton were, United's defence gave them all the encouragement they needed. Why he hasn't switched to 3 at the back I don't know, it allows more freedom with more defensive cover, allows the wingbacks to concentrate more on attacking and then they'd play with 2 up top instead of 1. With no true wingers in the team, it just makes complete sense, but maybe Mourinho is trying to punish the board for not backing him by continuing with an ineffective dying system.

Man alive United were poor at the back. As good as Brighton were, United's defence gave them all the encouragement they needed. Why he hasn't switched to 3 at the back I don't know, it allows more freedom with more defensive cover, allows the wingbacks to concentrate more on attacking and then they'd play with 2 up top instead of 1. With no true wingers in the team, it just makes complete sense, but maybe Mourinho is trying to punish the board for not backing him by continuing with an ineffective dying system.
When Plan B continues to be lumping it up the pitch to Fellaini you know you've got problems.
It looks to me like he's already lost some of the players - still it's only Spurs next:)

When Plan B continues to be lumping it up the pitch to Fellaini you know you've got problems.
It looks to me like he's already lost some of the players - still it's only Spurs next:)

Not sure, Pogba has obviously had his nose put out of joint by bringing in Sanchez on a far bigger salary, and also knocked onto Martial because Sanchez is playing in his position. The defence just isn't good enough, as was the case when LVG was in charge, they have 2 wingers as full backs, Darmian, Jones and Smalling just aren't good enough, and Shaw until recently has been unprofessional in his attitude, shame, because he has the makings of a good full back. Beyond that, there's not that much disharmony. Lindelöf in my opinion would make the good centre in a back three, Bailly is an excellent defender, but with his injury record and a performance like the one against Brighton which seems quite incredible, yet with all that said, United still finished second last season, and with the second best defensive record Mourinho is having some positive effect, but 2 at the back doesn't free up the rest of the team when the chosen two aren't good enough, and Mourinho made it clear with his list of signings that that needed addressing. Spurs is Spurs, and we shall see what happens. Even Klopp plays long ball when plan A isn't working, even after mocking Mourinho for doing so.

CP played well against LFC today. Were it not for a couple of unfortunate fouls...

Allison showed a bit of why LFC was willing to pay such a large transfer fee. With a few good saves, and many excellent outlets, he looked confident. Wijnaldum had countless touches and another good game in midfield. Overall, not LFC’s best effort, but it is a good sign when a club works hard and grinds out a road win against a quality opponent.

Palace are a very good team and will cause plenty of problems for the opposition this season, a very professional performance by LFC I thought and a fair result, they're certainly improving

Having just watched the Chelsea Arsenal game back on TV, it seems to me that Chelsea's woeful defending was down to having Kante too far forward to be effective in defence, and Jorginho being crap at defending. My pet hate is defenders turning their back on a ball coming in, the sort of thing we'd have got a b*ll*cking for at Sunday League level. Jorginho turned his back for the first goal, where if he'd stood up big he'd have been able to get a block on the shot, and he turned his back again for the cross that led to the second.

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot else wrong with our defending, but we sorted it out at the start of the second half by playing Kante deeper and then by bringing Kovacic on. On first showing Kovacic looks like a good all rounder like Kante, both with the ability to go forward, defend and find a pass. Those two playing in tandem together, taking it in turns to go forward while the other drops back, leaving gorgeous Jorge free to exploit any space - could be very interesting. We just need someone to stick the ball in the net!

You're right. The defence was tighter when Kante dropped back in the second half. He occasionally scores goals, but having him upfield on the attack quite a lot is a little odd. Shame his header didn't go in.

Real Madrid loanee Kovacic was impressive during his first game for Chelsea, both defending and breaking forward. Fellow midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek was left out of the squad against Arsenal and has understandably got the hump. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes out on loan again, this time abroad.

It cheers the nation up to watch Man Utd lose and Mourinho squirm. Keep it up you northern shysters.

Jack

Last edited:
The nation? .. shysters? lol.
For a club that has been mocked on here for spending money that isn’t their own by a Man City supporter of all people, that has elevated them to a false position in history and then attacking the manager who for the best part put them there. To nearly going bankrupt because your support couldn’t muster the required weekly funds when building one stand in the sixties, yet a club considered a ‘proper rival’, have built a new stadium without the help of a sugar daddy owner. Then we have Ken Bates, your chairman that wanted to make Chelsea the ‘Manchester United of the south’, and again nearly bankrupted the club trying to do so, but thanks to Roman, who saved your club from being another footnote in nineties football, just like Leeds United and Blackburn Rovers. You amuse me with your waffle, Jack, but sometimes you really should stop throwing stones in that glass house of yours.

Palace are a very good team and will cause plenty of problems for the opposition this season, a very professional performance by LFC I thought and a fair result, they're certainly improving

Fair result but I hope Hodgson appeals that sending off. Lad very lightly brushed him well after Salah had lost control of the ball and even then Salah chose to fall over (for the second time). It was in the keeper's hands by then.

clear red to me and pen
Red card all day long - the player knew it as well and looked resigned to his fate.
The penalty was as soft as they come - one that if you get you're delighted but if it's given against you you're not happy.
Salah exaggerated the contact and Oliver took the bait.

Even Klopp plays long ball when plan A isn't working, even after mocking Mourinho for doing so.
You're right but it seems to me that Mourinho uses this tactic more and more.
I just wonder how long it will take the board at Man U to realise that they got Mourinho ten years too late.
Still, as a Chelsea fan who has seen all this before, it will be fun watching it all unravel;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back