advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea top of the league!

We looked like a proper team in the second half. Hazard will rightly get the plaudits, he does catch the eye, but Kovacic's cover in front of the back four was just as important. Alonso rightly MoM, great going forward and defending.

Sort out?
City had the best defence in the premier league last season, conceding the fewest goals. Laporte didn’t arrive until January. He was necessary because Kompany had long term injury problems and Stones had been injured for two months earlier in the season.

Chelsea’s defence is just crap.

Arsenal should have been 5-2 up at half time.
They missed 3 sitters as well as the two they scored.

Chelsea are going to be humiliated when they come up against any of last season’s top four.

Chelsea are going to be humiliated when they come up against any of last season’s top four.

You may well be right; time will tell.
Personally I think Sarri is still in the process of learning about his players and will no doubt make improvements to the shape and system of the team in the coming weeks and months.
I think it's quite refreshing to see a coach who's quite happy to work with and improve the players at his disposal as opposed to just buying trophies.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6115504...-spending-hits-1bn-after-man-city-mahrez-deal

As a Liverpool fan I was watching the Arse v Moscow game thinking "I hope we play these teams soon". With both sides defences as they are we would have a field day.
Chelsea are apparently trying to play a more expansive, less Mourinho, style and forget to defend from my time to time.
Arsenal's problems seem more ingrained. They just have terrible defensive players and no organisation and that isn't going to change any time soon (happily).

You may well be right; time will tell.
Personally I think Sarri is still in the process of learning about his players and will no doubt make improvements to the shape and system of the team in the coming weeks and months.
I think it's quite refreshing to see a coach who's quite happy to work with and improve the players at his disposal as opposed to just buying trophies.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6115504...-spending-hits-1bn-after-man-city-mahrez-deal

You're right webster. If I understand it correctly, the linked article says over 500 million has been spent since Guardiola started to plan to take up management in the north of England.

The reality is City haven't actually won that much. It remains to be seen whether they can get hold of The Champions League or anything else this year. They're beginners compared to Chelsea and Man United.

I like the way Sarri operates. The manner in which Chelsea beat the Arses yesterday showed the changes he has made and where we need to improve. Our defence was slack at times, but that is straightforward for Sarri to tighten up.

Apart from buying Kepa, the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, our transfers were minimal. Sarri is more interested in sculpting a squad which can outplay other teams in the Premier League. The cool thing is our supporters seem happy to wait for him to do this, because we know he will create an unbeatable team.

Jack

City go to the top a class with a classy performance against Huddersfield. Despite being without the classy De Bruyne City still had too much class for the outclassed Huddersfield. Kung Aguero scored another classy hat trick in a dominant performance that oozed class all over the pitch.

City go to the top a class with a classy performance against Huddersfield. Despite being without the classy De Bruyne City still had too much class for the outclassed Huddersfield. Kung Aguero scored another classy hat trick in a dominant performance that oozed class all over the pitch.
Sounds like Mourinho touched a nerve or two.

:) Brighton look class as well , also Utds midfield and defence need to get back into class to learn how to play a bit better than the first half .

Mourinho spent over £300 million.
Got him eleventh place today.

He’s right you can’t buy class.
Well, he can’t.

Sounds like Mourinho touched a nerve or two.

On the contrary.

He admits he hasn’t watched the film.

Even Sky pundits taking the piss out of him now over his hypocrisy.

Google Eva Carneiro, Anders Frisk or Tito Villanova to see what a yob he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back