advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Lovren claims he played the last three WC matches with a pulled stomach muscle, and it has not yet healed enough for him to train and prepare for the PL season. I suspect that if Gomez has another good performance or two, he will heal more quickly. Also glad to see that LFC has signed Lovren through 2021. Thought he really improved last season, especially after VVD was added.

Of course, it still could have been a jet ski accident. Vuk - who's Gino?

Vuk - who's Gino?

it's a useful category. guys who behave like cr7 -- tacky sports cars, jet-ski, big watches, lots of grooming, shiny shirts, etc. cultural roots are in north-american ethnic italian guys in camaros -- new york and montreal being the hubs.

Just read that Lovren claims he played the last three WC matches with a pulled stomach muscle, and it has not yet healed enough for him to train and prepare for the PL season. I suspect that if Gomez has another good performance or two, he will heal more quickly. Also glad to see that LFC has signed Lovren through 2021. Thought he really improved last season, especially after VVD was added.

Of course, it still could have been a jet ski accident. Vuk - who's Gino?
there's a pic of him on holiday on jet ski and water ski's - surely he wouldn't have indulged if injured at the WC?:(

Man Utd were 7/1 to win the league before the start of the season.

Having won their 1st game, they are now 18/1.

Bookies are rarely wrong!

It seems that the new Spurs ground is running a bit behind and won't be ready as planned. This would generally indicate that there might be increased costs as well, so a possible indicator on the lack of transfer action? :confused: http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2018/08/13/spurs-confirm-stadium-opening-delay/

Yep, that's probably why. Spurs will have the most expensive seats in the Premier League when the stadium finally opens. This is to go and see a team which has won only two trophies in the last 20 years. I think it's called taking the piss.

Jack

They should now be required to play the whole season at Wembley or an alternative.
Letting them play a few games at Wembley is going to disadvantage their early season opponents.
Under no circumstances should they be allowed to swap fixtures around.

They should now be required to play the whole season at Wembley or an alternative.
Letting them play a few games at Wembley is going to disadvantage their early season opponents.
Agree with that entirely.

Yeah.
City would have never beaten Arsenal without KDB on the subs’ bench.
Injuries happen.
City are supremely equipped to cope with injuries.

After tonight’s thrashing by A Madrid I reckon Real will be getting the piggy bank open for Salah/Hazard or maybe both.

i'm not sure i understand the logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back