advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Thank you. It says something when dislike of Colin can out rank our rivalry (which no-one else seems to understand but gives the journalists the chance to trot out the old stories twice a season).

I'm not going tonight as I find it difficult with evening mid-week games, what with a 140 mile round trip to get there and it being a school night. Travelling back home on Saturday was bad enough after that totally rank performance.

Before we started this terrible run, we had six 'winnable' home games. So far P4 W1 L3 goals for 2 goals against 9. Two 'winnable' ones left (Cardiff and Man City* :))

Hoping for a win, though a draw may not be totally disastrous given their four remaining games

Liverpool!
Fulham whom I expect to win now that they are already relegated - no pressure.
Palace, your team can still do us a favour though many Palace fans would be almost happy to lose that one (BHA > Colin)
Man Utd I can't see them getting much there depending on whether Utd are still in with a chance of the top four trophy.
*Newcastle really but it would be good to be involved in a decider for the Premier League title if it goes to the last game

Deeney teeters on the edge between being no-nonsense and being a little naughty. If he can harness his will to win at any cost then he is laughing. Watford were decent last night.

I was banking on Watford to at least draw.
Puts my lot under pressure again and not sure we will achieve top 4 this season.

Bloss

Thank you. It says something when dislike of Colin can out rank our rivalry (which no-one else seems to understand but gives the journalists the chance to trot out the old stories twice a season).

I'm not going tonight as I find it difficult with evening mid-week games, what with a 140 mile round trip to get there and it being a school night. Travelling back home on Saturday was bad enough after that totally rank performance.

Before we started this terrible run, we had six 'winnable' home games. So far P4 W1 L3 goals for 2 goals against 9. Two 'winnable' ones left (Cardiff and Man City* :))

Hoping for a win, though a draw may not be totally disastrous given their four remaining games

Liverpool!
Fulham whom I expect to win now that they are already relegated - no pressure.
Palace, your team can still do us a favour though many Palace fans would be almost happy to lose that one (BHA > Colin)
Man Utd I can't see them getting much there depending on whether Utd are still in with a chance of the top four trophy.
*Newcastle really but it would be good to be involved in a decider for the Premier League title if it goes to the last game

I have no great dislike of Brighton, I tend to think the so called M23 rivalry is a bit contrived. Having worked in the Hove area and knowing a few seagulls it's hard to get too excited about it as a 'derby'. Besides it's a Palace fan's job to loathe and despise Chelsea.

I would be pissed off with them if the players were already on the beach against Cardiff, can't see it. The fans may not care much about Brighton but Warnock on the touchline should be enough to create some expectation. More of a worry is some of the gaps in the back four through injury.

I have no great dislike of Brighton, I tend to think the so called M23 rivalry is a bit contrived. Having worked in the Hove area and knowing a few seagulls it's hard to get too excited about it as a 'derby'. Besides it's a Palace fan's job to loathe and despise Chelsea

The rivalry is real enough, I go back to the 70s so remember the Venables/Mullery feud.

I thought it was every football fan's job to loathe Chelsea.

The rivalry is real enough, I go back to the 70s so remember the Venables/Mullery feud.

I thought it was every football fan's job to loathe Chelsea.

Ah yes but I dislike both Venables and Mullery (for different reasons) the latter could start a fight in a phone box. Good luck tonight, is it on tv?

Sadly not on tv. There is something called the Champions League on between Barcelona and Man Utd.

It will be at least 2 - 1 to Barca tonight. The EU hating, Yank-loving, Brexit Manc supporters will however go on for ever about how it was a close run thing.

Jack

It will be at least 2 - 1 to Barca tonight. The EU hating, Yank-loving, Brexit Manc supporters will however go on for ever about how it was a close run thing.

Jack

I told my son after the game last week "if you play as well next week as you did just then, and everything goes for you......you'll still lose 1-0".

“Man Utd have the tools to turn this tie around”
Dion Dublin last week.

Shame the tools didn’t turn up.

advertisement

Back