advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

I imagine even in Wigan most punters would have gone for City. Proper fans will follow their team through thick and thin, but when it comes to putting money on they tend to be ruled by the old noggin - says man in the know.

You may be correct, that most would back MC but some would take a small punt on the Latics.
I was a croupier in the late 60's/early 70's and seeing punters loose wads of dosh and a few nearly crying at the tables, sorted any
thoughts of making gambling a good way of becoming loaded.
Betting is something I do from time to time, usually on outsiders in any sport where the odds are worth a punt, and always with money I
can afford to loose. I have never lost more than 20 quid with one bet and usually I bet between1-5 quid.

Bloss.

PS: The pound symbol has decided to not work, could be symbolic!

A good read about the men behind Man City if you've a spare few minutes.
https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

This is a long and what seems to be very well researched article about the links between Abu Dhabi and City.

If I understand it right City are controlled by the key lieutenants of Crown Prince Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Among other things he manufactures arms and is in part responsible for what Abu Dhabi is doing in Yemen, where the UN are investigating war crimes.

It makes City look like a morally bankrupt football club.

Abramovich is Mr Nice compared to this.

Jack

It makes City look like a morally bankrupt football club.

Abramovich is Mr Nice compared to this.

Jack

Tend to agree with this, but not the Mr Nice bit. Chelsea supporters were the main purchasers of Nazi slag literature in the late 70's/early 80's and I think
they still have a large racist following.

Bloss

I was a croupier in the late 60's/early 70's and seeing punters loose wads of dosh and a few nearly crying at the tables, sorted any
thoughts of making gambling a good way of becoming loaded.

Bloss

interesting job. I don't gamble but am intrigued by how it all works. After listening to a guy saying how he played roulette I actually worked out the Martingale strategy for myself and told my wife who is a Maths grad. She raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes as usual when I say something about Maths, but I'm quite chuffed.

Tend to agree with this, but not the Mr Nice bit. Chelsea supporters were the main purchasers of Nazi slag literature in the late 70's/early 80's and I think
they still have a large racist following.

Bloss

Are you saying Abramovich is a racist? The squad is multiracial and has people from various religions, from Jews through Muslims to common and garden Prots

I don't see racists at Chelsea matches. Of course there are bound to be a few, just like there are at Tottenham. They haven't been fully stamped out anywhere.

Don't bother mentioning John Terry. The Magistrates Court didn't find him guilty, Ferdinand's bother didn't hear any insult, and the FA are completely questionable on many levels. They seem to employ sexists and racists themselves.

Jack

Are you saying Abramovich is a racist?

I don't see racists at Chelsea matches. Of course there are bound to be a few, just like there are at Tottenham. They haven't been fully stamped out anywhere.

Jack

Not Abramovich, but there are more supporters who are racist.

Bloss

interesting job. I don't gamble but am intrigued by how it all works. After listening to a guy saying how he played roulette I actually worked out the Martingale strategy for myself and told my wife who is a Maths grad. She raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes as usual when I say something about Maths, but I'm quite chuffed.

Martingate strategy is new to me. My old pit boss (a floor manager of a group of tables, either roulette or blackjack) prior to the Gaming Act, was paid well and the tips could double his wages. Every Friday he would put half his wages on an even chance (red/black, odd/even and high/low. He either ended up with one weeks pay, which was way above the above average wage or 3 times depending on his good fortune. Another thing he said with betting was always follow the wheel, which I still do from time to time. As for systems my favourite roulette bet is Voisons Du zero, used more in French roulette rather than the somewhat cruder American version, generally seen here.

Bloss

Don't bother mentioning John Terry. The Magistrates Court didn't find him guilty, Ferdinand's bother didn't hear any insult, and the FA are completely questionable on many levels. They seem to employ sexists and racists themselves.

Jack

John Terry was banned for four matches and fined £220000 for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand. What is so hard to understand? He did not appeal the decision. Rio Ferdinand has said John Terry acted like “an idiot” over the incident. If you want further proof of what Terry said go to Youtube.

one missed pass and the game changed. Ref favoured Barca throughout and some cheap fouls etc... still some hope for optimism at Camp Neu if CFC play a striker (Morata?) from the off with Hazard deeper.... be lucky guys!

one missed pass and the game changed. Ref favoured Barca throughout and some cheap fouls etc... still some hope for optimism at Camp Neu if CFC play a striker (Morata?) from the off with Hazard deeper.... be lucky guys!
I thought Chelsea were brilliant last night, from a footballing point of view it was one of the best tactical games I've seen. We restricted Barca to 3 chances the whole game, one of which was a mistake of our making that led to their goal.

Ref was fussy, seemed to want to give fouls for the smallest thing, if he was to apply that fussiness consistently, he should've given a penalty when Hazard was pulled over in the box.

We were unlucky. We're going to need some better fortune at Camp Nou if we're to get through. If were really lucky we'll get Tom Henning Ovrebo as ref?

Will be a real task to beat Barca at Camp Nou. It's the largest stadium in Spain and Europe and dwarfs Stamford Bridge. The pitch is huge and the arena holds 99,354 people, who can make a right row.

You're right that the tactical game Chelsea played was really well planned and Hazard should have had a foul. The ref was a right bloody pain and made lots of weird decisions.

A mate of mine lives in Barcelona. He supports Utd and Barca. I imagine he'll go along to the Chelsea game. Hope Sevilla beat Mourinho's muppets tonight.

Jack

Last edited:
That Will Grigg is some player.
He has scored more goals against top six premier sides (1 against City, 2 against Scum) than Lumpkaku has!

Liverpool fans unveiled a huge Jeremy Corbyn banner on the Kop during the draw with Southampton, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell is also featured on the banner: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-banner-southampton-kop-anfield-a7722521.html

"The banner, organised by members of the Blacklist Support Group, was displayed at the front of Anfield’s famous Kop stand before kick-off and carried the message: “What unites us is greater than what divides us.”"

Can't argue with that.

Jack

advertisement

Back