advertisement

Much difference streaming from Amazon Fire TV and dedicated streamer?

Bluedroog

pfm Member
I’m currently using tidal app on Amazon TV Box, via HDMI to tv then optical to M-Dac.

I’m looking to get myself a Node 2i. The functionality of being able to use Tidal connect alone is enough of a selling point for me, plus the chance to play with mqa.

I am wondering if I can expect any gains in performance assuming I use the same DAC?

I don’t know if HDMI or running via a tv or indeed the Amazon box are limiting factors, so interested to hear if anyone has made a similar transition.

I’m currently using tidal app on Amazon TV Box, via HDMI to tv then optical to M-Dac.

I’m looking to get myself a Node 2i. The functionality of being able to use Tidal connect alone is enough of a selling point for me, plus the chance to play with mqa.

I am wondering if I can expect any gains in performance assuming I use the same DAC?

I don’t know if HDMI or running via a tv or indeed the Amazon box are limiting factors, so interested to hear if anyone has made a similar transition.
May be a limiting factor. You will only know if you try the two against each other.

advertisement

Back