advertisement

"MQA One Year Later -- Suddenly, More Questions"

Ah, so he is laughably wrong because his opinion is different from yours?

In what (factual) way is the chromecast audio analog out not suitable for a good stereo setup?

He is laughably and factually wrong because a CCA analogue out sounds way worse than a good DAC in a stereo setup.

If you or him can't hear that I don't know what to say...

Except that you should sell your own DACs and buy a CCA for your own use but please, please don't recommend this to other people! :cool:

Are you saying you use the Chromecast connected to your DAC?
What different configurations were your observations describing?

Yes. My observations were with/without DAC. Running the CCA through the Sabre gives a slightly different presentation. You may or may not find it preferable depending on the rest of your system but the difference is small.

When the messenger comes to ridiculous conclusions it's hard to give much credibility to the "facts" he supposedly conveys.
The transparency or not of the Chromecast does not come into this. The digitally derived difference between the source and the MQA decode was found to be inaudible without high extra gain. This means that MQA is not significantly manipulating the music ( I was afraid that MQA was an effect and I was mistaken ). It also means that the marketing about the ADC correction and deblur benefits are also very dubious, at least with this single case.

What we are left with is that a good mastering sounds good.

advertisement

Back