advertisement

MP3TAG idiot needs help

jay

built for speed
Hi all
I need to make a few changes to the files on the music server and I've installed mp3tag. It's taken a good hour to open the music directory and read the tags. I used mp3tag a while ago and I think I stopped because of the long read time, am I doing something really really stupid where a local version of the tags are held on the computer.
Sorry if this is a dumb question!
Thanks
Jay

I ran into a similar problem. Avoid using mp3tag or other software that manipulates/reads tags directly from the music library.

I tag using JRiver on a local copy of the files, then synchronise with chronosync(on a mac) or some other suitable synchronisation software.

Using mp3tag when the library is a NAS, or at least my arm7 based NAS takes an age.

Aren't your albums in separate folders/directories? How many files is mp3tag trying to read?

I ran into a similar problem. Avoid using mp3tag or other software that manipulates/reads tags directly from the music library.

I tag using JRiver on a local copy of the files, then synchronise with chronosync(on a mac) or some other suitable synchronisation software.

Using mp3tag when the library is a NAS, or at least my arm7 based NAS takes an age.

I've found the library feature which allows you to read the NAS and store the tags on your laptop/computer. I've done that but I'm damned if I can find out how to get access back to that library once re-opening mp3tag. It just tries to re-read my NAS again. Painful...

I've found the library feature which allows you to read the NAS and store the tags on your laptop/computer. I've done that but I'm damned if I can find out how to get access back to that library once re-opening mp3tag. It just tries to re-read my NAS again. Painful...

Well, I didn't know that existed. Mp3tag is cumbersome for me, anyway, because it has to run in a windows emulator on the mac. I have found it useful to have a global view of the tags, though.

advertisement

Back