advertisement

Moving to (Exposure) Monoblocks…

BLACKMASS

pfm Member
I’ve recently moved from an all Linn system (after 15 plus years) to a Naim ND5 XS 2 streamer and Exposure 3010S2D integrated amp. I’ve only had this set-up for 3 months and extremely happy with it. So obviously instead of seating back and enjoying it I’m thinking about changing/improving it.

I’m contemplating changing to the 3010 Monoblocks and either keep the integrated amp or buy the matching Pre-amp? I was wondering if anyone has made a similar move and their thoughts? Is it worth changing the integrated to the Pre? I would love to go to the 5010 series but it’s beyond my budget.

Of course there are a few other things I could spend my money on, like new speakers. I’ve had Roksan TR-5’s for a good 5 years now and struggled to find another speaker which works in my room, within my budget. I do plan to demo a pair of Russell K50’s later in the year.

I will of course be speaking with my dealer and getting a demo but it’s always a good idea to get a few opinions.

Cheers
Rob

I sold a full set of Naim pre/powers a few years ago, used a Supernait 2 for another 3, then moved to Exposure 3010 pre & monos. Great room-filling sound, no regrets (apart from no headphone output) and far better value for money. Drive my Dynaudios at least as well as a NAP250. Currently using with the 2010S2 DAC which is a monster for the price.

I’ve recently moved from an all Linn system (after 15 plus years) to a Naim ND5 XS 2 streamer and Exposure 3010S2D integrated amp. I’ve only had this set-up for 3 months and extremely happy with it. So obviously instead of seating back and enjoying it I’m thinking about changing/improving it.

I’m contemplating changing to the 3010 Monoblocks and either keep the integrated amp or buy the matching Pre-amp? I was wondering if anyone has made a similar move and their thoughts? Is it worth changing the integrated to the Pre? I would love to go to the 5010 series but it’s beyond my budget.

Of course there are a few other things I could spend my money on, like new speakers. I’ve had Roksan TR-5’s for a good 5 years now and struggled to find another speaker which works in my room, within my budget. I do plan to demo a pair of Russell K50’s later in the year.

I will of course be speaking with my dealer and getting a demo but it’s always a good idea to get a few opinions.

Cheers
Rob
What Linn system did you have if you don't mind me asking ? I moved from Linn after owning a few system's the last being Akurate aktiv and a LP12. Now Pathos amp SME Model 10 plus V arms and Zingali speakers. Cheaper than Linn and I love the sound.

What Linn system did you have if you don't mind me asking ? I moved from Linn after owning a few system's the last being Akurate aktiv and a LP12. Now Pathos amp SME Model 10 plus V arms and Zingali speakers. Cheaper than Linn and I love the sound.

I don’t mind at all. I have a LP12 SE (including Urika), Akurate CD player, C2200 power amp with Exotik pre amp.

Sold my LP12 last March for a Well Tempered Versalex (best decision ever!) and Trilogy 906 phono stage.

My system now is easily a third of the (retail) price of my last one and sounds so much more engaging and realistic than ever before.

I guess I would change the integrated to dedicated preamp running the Mono's

But a home dem would be ideal

Will really need a home dem indeed. Am not sure if there will be that much brought to the party, and it’d be wasteful to do something like buy a 2nd stereo amp, to vertically bi amp.

I've always had Farlowe era Exposure amps up until quite recently. I love the Farlowe amps and was very happy with 21 mono super 18's I moved on. I now have the latest 3010s2d preamp and 3010s2 mono amps. They are very nice amps. I would like to hear what the 5010 pre is like in comparison but happy to stick for a while. Price wise I think you get a great product with Exposure.

advertisement

Back