Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving coil SUT's , UK suppliers .

Discussion in 'audio' started by early, Feb 3, 2022.

1. early

early pfm Member

Hi all ,

I'm not sure if this should be in DIY , but I'll try here first as it's busier .

I want to build a SUT . I would normally just go to Sowter , but is there anyone else I should consider ? .

Looking for 1:10 decent quality transformers that are stocked (or at least available) in the UK .

Any suggestions ? .

2. Mark Packer

Mark Packer pfm Member

3. early

early pfm Member

Thanks , don't really want to go the vintage Partridge route . I thought S&B stopped supplying to the public ? .

4. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Don't ignore head amps! ;)

5. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

6. early

early pfm Member

I'm not, I've used them in the past. If I can't find a suitable transformer this is the route I will take.
    Although commercial offerings are thin on the ground, do you take on commissions?.

7. early

early pfm Member

Seen that but can't find a 1:10 offering.

8. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

9. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

If you do enough searching on various forums you may well find stuff about head amps I've made. Sorry but too much else on ATM to take on a commission. I may have one available in a few months time though (long story...) but you'll probably be sorted by then.