advertisement

Motorised height adjustable speaker stands with decoupling.

"Why use LIFT?
LIFT was designed to solve many common problems with speaker stands.

LIFT is incredibly simple and easy to set up, it’s fast and precise to adjust, it’s stable and robust, and it provides real vibration isolation/decoupling for your speakers in order to improve the performance, sound quality, and accuracy of your monitoring.

If that wasn’t enough of a reason to get LIFT’s we also made them MOTORIZED because motorized speaker stands are better speaker stands in general."

If that's the best they can answer that question, I strongly suspect it wasn't asked until well after the product was developed.

Wonder if they think the word 'monitoring' is significant? maybe they imagine studios have height adjustable chairs so the speakers must go up and down. FFS! Ah well. SOMEONE will buy them.

Height adjustment is good thing, at the moment I would have use for three different sizes. Of course, there are some manually adjustable stands for monitors, somehow they would not look good at home hifi. Those would.

Height adjustment is good thing, at the moment I would have use for three different sizes. Of course, there are some manually adjustable stands for monitors, somehow they would not look good at home hifi. Those would.

maybe work out your chair height then buy some stands that put the tweeter is it? at ear height more or less. save a lot of dosh

If they had the rotate feature suggested above by mercalia and a tilt feature too, I could play with them for hours. They would make the ultimate tweak that actually made a difference.

I do like electric wing mirrors too.

I think it's a great idea and long-overdue (I actually envisaged motorised stands over a decade ago but when I searched for them no one was making them!).

As for the why? I thought that would be pretty obvious! Pick from any of the following:
1) Saves you replacing your stands when you replace your monitors with those that don't have the drivers at the same height as your incumbent ones.
2) If you own more than one pair of monitors and enjoy regular system rotation it saves on cost and storage of buying multiple stands and lugging them in and out of your room each time.
3) Allows you to fine tune the height of your monitors to match that of your existing or new seating easily and elegantly (no more searching for that perfect fixed stand height that doesn't exist or piling books under your current stands to get them to the right height).
4) Allows you to quickly and accurately change the height of the monitor to determine optimal height for minimising floor-bounce cancellations etc.

Will I be buying a pair?

No, not at that price! :p If they offered a toe-in and tilt-back facility, however...:cool:

seat should be adjustable by 35 cm... Comfy? I don't think so.

Speakers aren't lasers, eg ATC's -/+10 deg vertical coherent dispersion is 90cm high at 2.5m.

I can see some studio advantages and perhaps for the Audiophile box swapper..

If they had the rotate feature suggested above by mercalia and a tilt feature too, I could play with them for hours. They would make the ultimate tweak that actually made a difference.

I do like electric wing mirrors too.

One of those things to drive you mad. of course they would need to be individually controlable

I’m going to speak with an engineering friend, see if we can design and build a stand that can lift and have an infinitely adjustable top plinth. It would be a tweakers a delight!!

advertisement

Back