advertisement

Motorbikes wtf ?

When I’m in my car I hate motorbikes and cyclists. When I’m on my motorbike I hate cars and cyclists. When I’m on my bike I hate cars and motorbikes. We often own all three: no wonder we are so vexed.

I love the sound of a litre sports bike and a hog and love the smell of a two stroke zinger. I've never owned a bike and never will.

I love the sound of a litre sports bike and a hog and love the smell of a two stroke zinger. I've never owned a bike and never will.

You need to visit Santa Pod raceway if youre in the UK, prepare for an ear and nose-gasm! 25-27th June is next big event.
Get yourself into the pits and witness the Top Fuel cars up close when they do the warmup/settle clutch plates.
If you can cope with the Nitro fumes long enough to see a couple guys grabbing the bars on that big wing on the back, prepare to shit your pants when they blip the throttle!

I cycled through Matlock yesterday, wall to sad, fat old men with big bikes, standing around smoking tabs. Quite pathetic really.

I cycled through Matlock yesterday, wall to sad, fat old men with big bikes, standing around smoking tabs. Quite pathetic really.
I guess you close your eyes around other cyclists then - some of the saddest looking individuals I've had the misfortune to see.

I would rather the motorcyclists than the youngsters revving their mopeds and riding is if they have been instructed by Darwin. Worse still, the loons on their supercharged electric scooters, particularly the taunt who at incredible speed, blatantly through a red light on a single lane under the railway bridge. Pity the driver who could have come upon that cockwomble.

I guess you close your eyes around other cyclists then - some of the saddest looking individuals I've had the misfortune to see.
Really? Zero emissions, active travel, good for the planet & cardio health. I fail to see the point in criticising others for making positive health choices. You probably think the same about anyone who exercises when not being a perfect athlete?

I know of a group of cyclists in my home town, all late 50s & up who smash out 100km rides every weekend at near 20mph average. They may not look pretty in Lycra but they should be applauded.

I would rather the motorcyclists than the youngsters revving their mopeds and riding is if they have been instructed by Darwin. Worse still, the loons on their supercharged electric scooters, particularly the taunt who at incredible speed, blatantly through a red light on a single lane under the railway bridge. Pity the driver who could have come upon that cockwomble.
Unfortunately these idiots will graduate to riding bikes. Some these souped up electric bikes are a bit worrying but they still have a way to go before they become a social problem as outlined by the OP.

I guess you mean Matlock Bath ?

I am interested as to how you assessed their emotional state as “sad?”

Or is that just you projecting your prejudice ?

And were they all “fat” as you say?

Loaded language.

I guess you mean Matlock Bath ?

I am interested as to how you assessed their emotional state as “sad?”

Or is that just you projecting your prejudice ?

And were they all “fat” as you say?

Loaded language.
Yes, Matlock Bath.

I rarely see thin bikers, usually middle aged & upwards with far too many cooked breakfasts inside them.

Fast bikes, fast cars, loud music, sex, drugs, fast women, wild clothes, swearing, the odd punch up.

It’s ‘being young’ isn’t it?

Most of the members of the Stevenage and district motorcycle club are older than me, and I’m 71. However none of the membership would behave in such an irresponsible cavalier fashion.

Good luck stay safe.

Well I'm also 71 and went a tad bananas most days on my bike. Sold the last one 2 years back in recognition of failing bits and pieces.

Yes, Matlock Bath.

I rarely see thin bikers, usually middle aged & upwards with far too many cooked breakfasts inside them.
I rarely see fat cyclists. Far too many cashew milk blueberry health drinks.
Whoever met a happy skinny person?
Woodface? Are you under 12 stone? I think we need to know :)

Really? Zero emissions, active travel, good for the planet & cardio health. I fail to see the point in criticising others for making positive health choices. You probably think the same about anyone who exercises when not being a perfect athlete?

I know of a group of cyclists in my home town, all late 50s & up who smash out 100km rides every weekend at near 20mph average. They may not look pretty in Lycra but they should be applauded.
Not what I commented on was it?

Come on chaps, let's not let this descend into a cyclists vs bikes vs motorists vs pedestrians thing. There's enough of that on Pistonheads. It's not a crime to wear lycra, it's not a crime to be fat. Live and let live eh?

* Except e-scooter users - ****ers :D

It's been a while since I've been Matlock Bath but as with most bike meeting places the people vary in size and age just like the bikes really. As for "sad" they may think the same as you sitting on a carbon dildo wearing elasticated multi-coloured knickers.

advertisement

Back