advertisement

MOTO GP

Another excellent day of racing.
Well done to Jonathan Rea in the wsb series, 6 titles in a row!
Well done to Sam Lowes in moto 2 and another winner this season in moto gp..

Well it’s all over!
What a season in all 3 classes, Sam was so close to being champion.
Roll on March, hoping the excellent racing continues..

Was this the best season ever? And if so, was that due double headers, short season, or no Marc? But today's win for Miguel Olivera (The Dentist :D) shows how much the rider matters, much more than in Formula 1, and how much of that is in the rider's head. His bike was no better than several others, but he was on another level.
And Sam Lowes was awesome, he shouldn't even have been riding with that hand.
Let's hope Portimao stays on the calendar; we may try to go if it is.

Best season probably due to all of the above.
Will be interesting to see how next year pans out with Marc back and hopefully fit..
I’ll miss Cal and Dovi.

Great season.

The Moto3 race was fantastic today , we were screaming. Ringing about 150 mph out of a 250 single is ace, I would love a go. They sound ace as well.

Just made sure my motogp video pass is subscribed for the next season. €199 sounds a lot sometimes, but we watch all qualifying and all races.

Brother-in-law is moving to either Spain or Portugal. Hopefully he will be near a racetrack :)

I went to Circuit Ricardo Tormo - Valencia a few years ago, fantastic time.

Best season probably due to all of the above.
Will be interesting to see how next year pans out with Marc back and hopefully fit..
I’ll miss Cal and Dovi.

We will miss Cal, but not Dovi.

I hope Yamaha ditch Lin Jarvis as well.

We'll miss both of them. I used to be bored by Dovi, but grew to like him.
A couple of years ago I looked at the possibility of doing a track day at Portimao, but the track wasn't as close to the town as I had thought, so my wife would have got bored, or lonely. I did my last track day last year at 70, but watching the racing I have an awful itch to do just one more, at Portimao*. :rolleyes: Probably not a good idea, but a holiday and watching a race there might be possible. If holidays are ever possible again.
* It has been compared to Cadwell Park, my favourite UK track to ride.

We'll miss both of them. I used to be bored by Dovi, but grew to like him.
A couple of years ago I looked at the possibility of doing a track day at Portimao, but the track wasn't as close to the town as I had thought, so my wife would have got bored, or lonely. I did my last track day last year at 70, but watching the racing I have an awful itch to do just one more, at Portimao*. :rolleyes: Probably not a good idea, but a holiday and watching a race there might be possible. If holidays are ever possible again.
* It has been compared to Cadwell Park, my favourite UK track to ride.

Portimao looked good, I like the ups n downs.

Cadwell Park is my favourite as well, not jumped at the mountain, but had my front wheel up a few times.
I would like a go at Knockhill, but my riding days are finished. I suppose a car would still be fun. Only done Donington Park in a single seater (formula Ford I think it was) - got to practice in a Mini Cooper, which was okay.
I have done Donington Park on a motorcycle, fast circuit. Some idiot cut me up on Craner Curves and I took a grass track short cut, got back on the track after the old hairpin. Absolutely crapped my pants, but kept the bike up. I should have smacked the fool.

Great season.

The Moto3 race was fantastic today , we were screaming. Ringing about 150 mph out of a 250 single is ace, I would love a go.
There's always the British MZ Racing Club if you fancy a go. You might be going more towards 100mph than 150 when ringing its neck but you'll be enjoying yourself too much to notice.

There's always the British MZ Racing Club if you fancy a go. You might be going more towards 100mph than 150 when ringing its neck but you'll be enjoying yourself too much to notice.

Thanks, but my riding days ended with a T-boned bike and body over a decade ago. I am not fit to try and get on a bike never mind ride . Wife would kill me as well.
(brain damage, wrist that doesn’t bend much, useless knee and a few more broken bits)

Thanks, but my riding days ended with a T-boned bike and body over a decade ago. I am not fit to try and get on a bike never mind ride . Wife would kill me as well.
(brain damage, wrist that doesn’t bend much, useless knee and a few more broken bits)
Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re managing your injuries without a catastrophic impact on your quality of life.

Sold my last bike 3 years ago due to injuries, but for me it was knee injuries from my youth that just caught up with me

22161355455_10aa1c169b_c.jpg

I still have dreams about riding it!

Hope you’re managing your injuries without a catastrophic impact on your quality of life.

!

My injuries destroyed my quality of life.

Ended my Nursing career instantly.

Stopped my life long sport/hobby/second career choice.

It imposes restrictions on every aspect of my life, and loads my Wife with more responsibilities than she should have in an equal relationship.

@ks.234 Why do you think I am on pfm soo much? If I wasn’t disabled, pfm would be an occasional visit.
Sorry to sound pissy, but catastrophic is exactly what it was and is.

And if anyone says ‘you are lucky to be alive,’ I will punch them in the pigging face.

and relax...

!

My injuries destroyed my quality of life.

Ended my Nursing career instantly.

Stopped my life long sport/hobby/second career choice.

It imposes restrictions on every aspect of my life, and loads my Wife with more responsibilities than she should have in an equal relationship.

@ks.234 Why do you think I am on pfm soo much? If I wasn’t disabled, pfm would be an occasional visit.
Sorry to sound pissy, but catastrophic is exactly what it was and is.

And if anyone says ‘you are lucky to be alive,’ I will punch them in the pigging face.

and relax...
Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.

@Big Tabs sorry to hear that. Glad you can still take pleasure from watching the bikes though. All the best.

Cheers.

It took a few years to not burst into tears just hearing a bike, never mind watch any racing.
There is something distanced about watching BSB, WSB or MotoGp. Hurt a lot when Simoncelli died.
My neighbour (now moved on) had a Fireblade and it used to freak me out hearing it burble and warm up.
My best mate sold his bike not long after my accident, we had ridden together from 16 onwards. He visited when I was in a coma, I think it did for him. (I had only half a skull then, now rebuilt with acrylic)
I sold my beautiful VFR, that I had spent many pounds on getting ‘just right.’ Gave it away for £500 just to get rid. The pipe was worth more than that on its own...

ignore me, I am just being maudlin.

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.

There are many worse off than me. At least I can get around, and I can see now. (I was blind for 6 months - the impact caused a bleed in both eyes. R. eye is still a mess, but I can get the needle in the groove, so not all bad :))

I sold my beautiful VFR, that I had spent many pounds on getting ‘just right.’ Gave it away for £500 just to get rid. The pipe was worth more than that on its own...

ignore me, I am just being maudlin.
At least you have the ear of people who can empathise. I regret selling every single bike that I have owned (apart from maybe the CBR600 with white wheels and dreadful colours). Perhaps the biggest regret is selling a mint RD400 for £600 in 1997. I got a speeding notice through the door shortly after the sale. Can't remember the speed but it was impressive in Central London.

At least you have the ear of people who can empathise. I regret selling every single bike that I have owned (apart from maybe the CBR600 with white wheels and dreadful colours). Perhaps the biggest regret is selling a mint RD400 for £600 in 1997. I got a speeding notice through the door shortly after the sale. Can't remember the speed but it was impressive in Central London.

I had a Street-fightered Yamaha FZ 750 (resprayed black) during my central London riding years. That was about 1996. Girlfriend lived just behind Covent Garden/St.Martins. I bet riding in central London is no fun nowadays, I used to love it back then.

advertisement

Back