advertisement

Motherboard.

Chops54

pfm Member
I need some kind of motherboard to take 821 gain boards, buffer boards and a pair of 323 MC boards. This needs to fit in my old 42 shoebox. Any suggestions? I've tried to contact Les without any luck so I thought I'd ask here.

I have one of my Mini MBs left in the closet. It'll house the 821s and a pair of 729s or 324s if that's the buffers you refer to. It has space for 4 Teddyregs so each gets it's own rail.

You should be able to hook up the 323s too, it'll take a little creativity but there should be space inside the box.

Yes 324 buffers Neil. I'd prefer something I could plug all six boards into but I don't mind a bit of creativity. How much is it Neil? PM me please.

Neil, thanks for your help. I reckon I might just be able to squeeze the mini MB and a phono MB in the 42 case. The transformer I'll be using has two secondary windings so maybe one winding per board? If I can get both MBs in the shoebox I'll put the tranny in another case along with one of Les's minicaps or even a Cap 6 though that's probably overkill?

advertisement

Back