advertisement

More Pi fun

lordsummit

An IQaudio digi+ board was installed today I. The hole of quietening my Pi which has a very annoying static noise occasionally. Using optical seems to have cured this, however, another problem seems to have opened up. If I play a 24/192 file I get pops and bangs. It’s only 24/96 seems to be fine. It’s running from the Pi to a Chord Mojo. The Mojo’s input claims to be up to the job, and I believe the output of the digi+ board is. Is this the price I pay for losing my digital ‘vinyl’ noise?

FWIW I have a HifiBerry Digi+ Standard into a Rega DAC via coax and I get pops and buzzes sometimes when starting or stopping a stream, or changing from local files to streaming and back. I am thinking of selling the Rega DAC and going back to my IQaudIO DAC+ Pro because it didn't have any such issue and didn't sound any worse to me.

I think Toslink optical is not guaranteed to work above 96/24.

It will do 192/24 but depends on the quality (and possible config) of the repective Tx and Rx modules. (I think that is the technical answer, otherwise, the bits that send and receive o_O)

ronnie

Edit

from the Mojo tech specs

Inputs:

• 1x Micro USB 768kHz/32-bit Capable Input
  • 1x 3.5mm Jack Coaxial 768kHz/32-bit Capable Input
  • 1x Optical TOSLINK 96kHz/24-bit Capable Input
  • 1x 1amp Micro USB Charging Port Input

It will do 192/24 but depends on the quality (and possible config) of the repective Tx and Rx modules. (I think that is the technical answer, otherwise, the bits that send and receive o_O)

ronnie

Edit

from the Mojo tech specs

Ronnie, thank-you. That explains it. I’d searched for that information all over. You’re a legend!!

advertisement

Back