advertisement

More new Canon mirrorless cameras, APS-C this time.

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
And the cheapest, the EOS R10, is under £900 for body only.
The R7 is about £1350, but adds a few features.

If these handle well, have a good menu system, and have great autofocus and low light performance, they'll take a whole chunk of sales from some other makes.

I'm sticking with my 5D3 for now, but I'm beginning to feel the need for lighter gear...

https://www.canon.co.uk/pro/stories/eos-r7-vs-eos-r10/

me too - i only use it with a long lens now! But i can see a time when it might be bye bye for mine

I’m going to Brands on Sunday. I’ll take my 70-200mm f/2.8 IS, 1.4x and 16-35mm F/4. The lens not in use will fit in my lightweight canvas man bag, and that’s that. I’ll be taking it easy though, walking around the circuits undulations can get tiring.

I see people at circuits with their dSLRs on tripods… why???

I am trying a Canon 5DS which is not really sporting and may need a tripod. I find that my big damaged hands do not suit mirrorless cameras. 7D with F4 70-200 produces great images of Lola T70s:).

Why? What is wrong with it?

The S stands for Studio and I am using it for Landscape photography. Old tech 50mp sensor . no in body stabilisation and poor high ISO performance. I got it mint and very cheap so I am experimenting with it, so far getting great images - better than my 5Dii.

Ah makes sense then.
The 5D2 is very old now. I am very happy with my R5 - it's much nicer than my previous 5D3. It's not much smaller so there are no finger issues.

advertisement

Back