advertisement

More Manchester parking advice required, please.

Rob998

Scimmia Nordoccidentale
Off to see the Stones at Old Trafford tonight.

As the trains round here are variable to say the least at the moment, we're driving. I guess a lot of other people will have made the same decision.

Was thinking of parking in the Lowry Centre/Media City/Salford Quays and walking to the Stadium.

Sound reasonable ?

Off to see the Stones at Old Trafford tonight.

As the trains round here are variable to say the least at the moment, we're driving. I guess a lot of other people will have made the same decision.

Was thinking of parking in the Lowry Centre/Media City/Salford Quays and walking to the Stadium.

Sound reasonable ?
It's a fair walk to the stadium from Lowry/Media City, I'd guess you should allow 25-30 minutes but it's certainly do-able. Cross the footbridge by the Imperial War Museum and turn left at the main road by the museum entrance. I imagine most of the people who do match day parking will be active, but there will be queues.

Depending on where you are coming from, you might think about parking close to one of the Metrolink stations on the Altrincham line, perhaps Brooklands or Navigation Road which, I think, have park & ride schemes

https://www.tfgm.com/public-transport/tram/network-map

and getting a tram to the Old Trafford tram stop. It's just behind the cricket ground, so still a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

There’s vast amounts of parking around Old Trafford, they’re used to people turning up with cars as most of their fans come up the M1 and M6 from London and Milton Keynes. I’m sure you’ll be able to find parking nearer than Salford Quays.

I think we'll Park around Meeja city, we'll probably want a quick bite to eat and as the person I'm going with is vegan, I think there's a good chance of finding a vegan place where all the luvvies congregate... And 25 mins walk is no hardship.

Also, coming from the Wigan direction means we can just drop down onto the M602 so no messing around with trams.

Ta muchly.

Weather's good here today

It's nice here on the Pie Riviera too. Been out in the garden attacking the hundreds of feet of Laurel that the previous owner of our house kindly planted...

Need a quick beer then a shower to remove the two-stroke stench...

I think we'll Park around Meeja city, we'll probably want a quick bite to eat and as the person I'm going with is vegan, I think there's a good chance of finding a vegan place where all the luvvies congregate... And 25 mins walk is no hardship.

A

Not that much choice at Media City, but there is a Wagamama that offers vegan options.

The rabbit in the moon said:
Hand dived Scallops, XO Sauce, Duck Tongues

I would definitely have that, just so I could say I'd had Ducks tongues.

Bit spendy, and there's no way Claire would eat most of the stuff on the menu, but for a cheeky solo treat ... Hmm.

Ducks tongues

Some years ago I spent quite a lot of time working in Taiwan. A friend of mine had his flat burgled - all they took were the 3 vac packs full of duck tongues from his freezer.......

if it is anything like his main one in Leeds, you'll need to book about 3 months in advance. We met a couple in York a few weeks back, who couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Also, coming from the Wigan direction means we can just drop down onto the M602 so no messing around with trams.

Ta muchly.

Lime. Good veggie selection. Open til 1.

Lime. Good veggie selection. Open til 1.

We parked at the Lowry Centre car park and decided to get to the Stadium asap. We ended up getting something from a mobile burger bar, she had chips and I had a bacon cheese burger, which I swear was way better than the one I had in Byron the other week, and a third of the price.

Going to see War Horse at the Lowry in a couple of weeks, so will have a look at Lime then.

The Stones were brilliant, absolutely superb , they knocked it right out of the ground.

advertisement

Back