advertisement

Moonage Daydream

Saw it on Thursday at an IMAX (£20.75!!!!). I would say seeing it on IMAX screen if you can is the way to go, for the sound alone.

I’d say it’s probably half an hour too long and nothing will convince me that the D&B years were nothing but awful but…it once again proves that during the 70’s he was channeling something quite special.

If you’re a Bowie fan it’s probably not going to tell you anything you don’t already know and if you don’t like him won’t convince you otherwise but definitely recommended.

Looking forward to this, we have tickets booked for the 7th at the local Electric Palace- a great place to watch films...

p.s. No spoilers please :)

I'm off to watch it tonight. Would be interested in your thoughts.
As a superfan it was just good enough....for me the pull was unseen footage and there was a lot of stuff I had already seen, about 50%.
In my cinema the sound was also a bit thin / harsh, which frustrated.
But overall, it was well done, lacing his own commentary through the timeline to reflect his evolving views.

Did you see it?

As a superfan it was just good enough....for me the pull was unseen footage and there was a lot of stuff I had already seen, about 50%.
In my cinema the sound was also a bit thin / harsh, which frustrated.
But overall, it was well done, lacing his own commentary through the timeline to reflect his evolving views.

Did you see it?
Yes I watched it last night. I wasn't blown away by it, but like you I'd already seen a lot of the footage. I felt it went in for too long, I'm not sure if my opinion was shaped by the fact the person I went to watch it with clearly wasn't enjoying themselves lol. I don't think I'd watch it again, which probably speaks volumes.

Went to see it last night.
I'd agree it's overlong, but liked the way it was put together.
I'd say for fans only; a casual fan or less would probably struggle with 2hr 20m of loosely linked footage, however nicely put together.

Oh, and I wish I'd taken earplugs, it was feckin loud.

Also, if you want to see it, I'd say make the effort to see it on the big screen - not sure how well it'll work on telly.

advertisement

Back