advertisement

Monogram 2000 Straight Line Pre Amp. Any information

xtal_recorder

Morning all.

I picked this up from the same person I got the JR149 from and was wondering if anyone had any information on it.

I've searched quite a bit and there's hardly any out there.

I've taken the top off and it looks like it might be sage to plug in. I was wondering if anyone with circuitry knowledge could comment on the quality of build...

I've not heard of the term "straight line" either...

Best

I braved the plug-in and works absolutely fine. No noisy pots. No loud explosions.

I've got this running on my budget set up and the MM phono stage sounded great. A huge step up from the Pro-Ject Phono Box E that I had running.

Not come accross one of these before either. I'm no electronics expert but it looks like a quality build to me. It has an early 80's aesthetic to my eyes, not dissimilar to Farlowe era Exposure.

I would be very wary of those input selector switches, the Onix OA21 has a similar arrangement & they are notoriously difficult if not impossible to repair. Change sources carefully!

There's a lot of electrolytic capacitors in there as well, there's a good chance a fair few will have drifted off spec by now so an inspection & recap by an experienced tech would be what be my first move.

Overall looks like a nice find to me, would be interested to hear what it sounds like.

TS

Coherent Sound System - anything to do with Tony? Looks a very nice build, but I’d be testing a sample of the caps.

advertisement

Back