advertisement

Monitor Audio speakers - history websites?

I can understand possibly wanting a spare, but what on earth are you going to do with 4 pairs of the same speaker?

- Simon

For... An evenly voiced 5.1 set up perhaps ? Spare drivers / tweeters maybe ? Obsessive compulsive tendencies perchance ? Can never have enough of a good thing :)

PS. Some great old MA boxes in the thread ;-)

Hi guys I'm happy that I founded this topic about MA.
I need your help I have a chance to buy Monitor audio 14 gold mk2 or MA monitor 3 gold the MA3 looks very similar the tweeter is located to the middle, what is the difference between both is anybody know something? Thanks Dariusz

i've just come on the Forum as a new member.. & i'm looking to talk with people about HIFI systems.. not in the 6 number price range but what the normal person can afford.. i already have my system but would like to talk about your systems & what you think.. paul aj

Hello Paul,
Welcome.
However you appear to have just responded to a very old conversation. Try posting a Hello message in the Audio section.
There are all kinds of people here with all kinds of systems although 2nd hand and Naim (older stuff) are strong topics.

Regards

Simon

Reviving an old thread here, but does anyone know the cap values for the monitor 9s? (I seem to have no markings on mine!)

Hello Matthew,
I have seen various different versions of the Monitor 9's - with ports and without. So likely there are differences in Crossover. It would help if you could take some pictures of the Crossover and say if your speakers have ports - even a serial number might help. I cannot help more as I have not got a pair of these (yet).

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for that. They're closed box and I just had a piece of luck with them: pulled the caps out (they were secured with vast amounts of glue) and they were printed '3.3µF' on the backsides - had some polypropylenes at that value and I swapped them, and they're now sounding great! (airier, perhaps slightly lighter in balance, but certainly less 'degraded' and a little more informative). So worthwhile.

Glad to hear that your Monitor 9 are sounding better, @matthew.

Just out of curiosity, do your tweeters look exactly like the example pictured below?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Just in case it's not mentioned before, the MA7 used EMI drivers, both the 6 1/2" bass unit and the dome tweeter.

advertisement

Back