advertisement

Moerch DP6 Tonearm - Precision wand or not?

renton76

Hello Forum,

I´m just about purchasing a Moerch DP6 and am wondering if taking one with a so called precision wand or not. Are the any advantages that justify spending much more cash on the precision tube?

Many thanks
Rents

They give a much better machined and secure base for mounting the cartridge. Makes setup adjustments easier.
Have used red and blue precision wands on a DP8.

I've used both precision and otherwise. the non precision versions are fiddly in the set up in comparison. If you have a choice go precision.

Great arms though!

I have a UP4 with a standard arm. It's a great arm. Never has my music sounded more realistic. It doesn't make poor recordings sound great. You hear What is in the groove nothing added.

With a decent protractor I found fitting the cartridge ok. The headshell for want of a better word is quite basic.

I have a UP4 with a standard arm. It's a great arm. Never has my music sounded more realistic. It doesn't make poor recordings sound great. You hear What is in the groove nothing added.

With a decent protractor I found fitting the cartridge ok. The headshell for want of a better word is quite basic.
Agreed on all points - the headshell is a smooth 'plate' that I've managed to move the cartridge on inadvertently more than once; this then required a re-set of the setup. I am hamfisted though.

The UP4 is a great arm, I imagine the DP6 will be amazing.

I have a 4, would like a 6, but can't find a dealer, can someone help. I was advised to try Analog Seduction but when they told me it was a rip off of a Rega I hung up.

I have a 4, would like a 6, but can't find a dealer, can someone help. I was advised to try Analog Seduction but when they told me it was a rip off of a Rega I hung up.

That sounds like total nonsense to me. I had a Rega 300 to begin with. To me comparing a Rega 300 to a Moerch is like comparing a Nad 3020 amp to a Dartzeel amp.

I agree that there is a risk of the headshell moving with the basic arm wand.

Hello Forum,

I´m just about purchasing a Moerch DP6 and am wondering if taking one with a so called precision wand or not. Are the any advantages that justify spending much more cash on the precision tube?

Many thanks
Rents

I use a Red Dot Precision and works well with my cartridge.
If you look on the Moerch website within the 'armtubes' section there is a link to their recommended cartridge/armtube
combinations.

I think you should start there.

Clap it's a load of nonscence, if a dealer thinks that a Moerch is like a Rega he should go out of business,,,,,, quickly.

Does nobody know of a dealer?

I agree with fiddliness of the narrow (non-precision) armtubes. On my DP6 I use a narrow green dot for a high compliance Stanton MM and a precision blue dot for my Transfiguration Axia. So it depends on what cart you're using. But if your cart is compatible, a precision armtube is a joy to set up and use.

Cheers Vinney, been in touch waiting for them to get back to me.

You too Darren I'll put them on the list just in case.

Hello,

many thanks for your answers.

I recently emailed Mr. Moerch. He told me, that sound qualitiy of the slim and precisions wands are the same and that crart setup would be easier on the the slim.

So what´s the truth? :) 350 bucks just for a headshell seems quite much.

advertisement

Back