advertisement

Modern iPhone/iPad Cast to Chromecast - Amazon Music

Witterings

Witterings
I'm using an old Ipad Mini 2 and the 1st version iPhone SE and thinking about upgrading them.

Using Amazon Music if I try and cast I can see Chroemcast Devices on my phone my phone but not the iPad, I'm guess this may just be old versions of OS but if anyone using more recent iPads / iPhones could let me know what options they have with theirs would be much appreciated.

I'm using an old Ipad Mini 2 and the 1st version iPhone SE and thinking about upgrading them.

Using Amazon Music if I try and cast I can see Chroemcast Devices on my phone my phone but not the iPad, I'm guess this may just be old versions of OS but if anyone using more recent iPads / iPhones could let me know what options they have with theirs would be much appreciated.
I've no direct experience, however, I am surprised that your iPad mini 2 isn't showing Chromecast devices. The final OS for mini 2 is iOS 12 which shouldn't be too far off the mark wrt compatibility with these sorts of apps/devices.

I've no direct experience, however, I am surprised that your iPad mini 2 isn't showing Chromecast devices. The final OS for mini 2 is iOS 12 which shouldn't be too far off the mark wrt compatibility with these sorts of apps/devices.

I agree and I can cast from say a youtube video to the Chromecast for a TV or one of the catch up TV channels but nothing shows up for Chromecast Audios.

I believe you can only cast Amazon Music in its basic quality, not HD.

You can cast to some devices like a WiiM mini in full high res and do so at 24/192 both from my phone and the tablet, I can also cast the phone to CCA's but not the tablet ... now if it scales it back to CD quality the same as their Echo Dot's I#m not too sure and certainly CCA's will only go up to 24/96.

advertisement

Back