1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitchell & Johnson ceases operation due to Brexit

Discussion in 'audio' started by Caliente, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Caliente

Caliente pfm Member

2. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

The, cos they were a profitable manufacturer, not

3. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Get it to the Brexit thread.

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I realise I’m pretty much exclusively a vintage audio geek these days, but I’ve never even heard of them! Sorry to see anyone go out of business though, especially for something as utterly dumb as Brexit.

5. brian2957

brian2957 pfm Member

I'm listening to one of their amps just now and it's excellent .

6. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

They released a new CD player recently , £1299 quite a risk I thought at the time .

7. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I've never heard of them, thought they were a double act.

Caledon1297 likes this.
  8. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Not had great market penetration , they started off with rebranded sansui (i think ) which were not subject to great reviews and did not exactly take the market by storm

9. Philim

Philim pfm Member

If they couldn't succeed creating a global demand with exchange rates where they are then they were unlikely to succeed brexit or not.
    Shame either way as someone's dream has gone

10. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

11. PBB

PBB pfm Member

Brexit, talk about a self-inflicted wound!

12. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Fast bowler in his day, made famous by Barmy Army song.

andrewd likes this.
  13. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

i carn't get a girlfriend i'm putting this down to brexit, and my wife agrees

14. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

I have not read the article but the chances would seem slim that the UK will doing anything other than accept EU standards in most areas. Taking back control by following EU standards without any involvement in setting them.

Caledon1297 likes this.
  15. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

It depends exactly what UK law ends up demanding. Correct markings on things like mains power and radio equipment is not optional

16. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

why does the government fu4k about with everything what is UKCA, why not just UKEU, then we are still on the same page, they screw up everything they touch trying to be tooooo cleaver

17. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

why does the government fu4k about with everything what is UKCA, why not just UKEU, then we are still on the same page, they screw up everything they touch trying to be tooooo cleaver

18. Julf

Julf Evil brother of Mark V Shaney

Don't worry, brexit will get rid of all the immigrants that steal your potential girlfriends, so the situation should improve.

(yes, just for clarity - I am being ironic)

19. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Damn, I thought it was two Aussie bowlers retiring.

myles likes this.
  20. davidavdavid

davidavdavid davidavdavid

When M&J were launching themselves, they were looking to attract venture capital. I met with them at some club in London and spoke at length in London and could not see their point. Their vision and strategy were as unclear then as it would be in the ensuing years and even now in their closure. Laying the blame at ... just not on, not one bit and I fear that others who were/are ill-prepared to carry on will employ the same. #sad #pathetic