advertisement

Mission Cyrus One. Potentiometer Problem.

Isobarik

pfm Member
Hello to all.
Unfortunately my Mission amp has been damaged! It was knocked off a shelf,entirely my fault!
The amp landed on it's front damaging the front plastic panel and pushing the volume and balance pots on the main board out of alignment. I carefully put them back in the vertical position but alas hardly any output,so obviously damaged beyond repair.

The value of the volume pot is a 10k Alps.
I propose just replacing the volume pot and doing away with the balance control.
Not sure how I go about disabling the balance control on the board? Do I just insert a wire link across the holes left in the circuit board?

Another problem is, I will need something to extend the shaft on the volume control knob as it will be too short, so some kind of coupling will be required to extend the length of the shaft.
The original volume/balance control was dual ganged 10k/100k unit.

Hope someone could shed some light on my problem. Any help would be extremely welcome.

Best regards
Ray

Pictures needed. I would have thought you’ve broken the tracks where the pots are soldered into the main board, have you checked?

I'd give the Cyrus Service Dept. a shout via [email protected].

They produced a large number Cyrus One and Two issue 07 and TOG (the versions with concentric volume and balance pots), and have been very helpful over the decades.

They may even be able to supply a replacement front plastic panel.

Hi Craig,hp1 and Dowser for your most valuable input.
Sorry for my tardy reply to my post. I'll contact cyrusaudio.com, to see if they can assist me. Failing that i'll be in contact with you hp1.
Best regards
Ray

Hi Ray,
the pot has been sat here doing nothing for 15 years at least , its not going any where.

It was nice to speak to You yesterday Ray.

My wife has delivered the pot to Your house this morning.
Hi Andrew.
Just sent you a P.M. Thank you so much.
Nice speaking to you too.
Most of friends either talk about football or beer! If it's Hi-Fi or music related forget it.
Best regards
Ray

advertisement

Back