advertisement

Mission 78x series mid range drive units

I have a full 5.1 set of mission 78x series in beech. My other half would like me to spray them black (... I am secretly hoping beech is now back in vogue ... )

Anyway I have had some trouble over time with the keraform mid range drivers. I actually have about 3 spare ones in various states of service having replaced them over the years and I read somewhere that the reason they degrade is the soldering/chemicals used in manufacture. It's difficult to judge without measurements but I am not 100pc sure the stereo pair is bang on the same voice now, but they are all working at the moment.

I came across some posts about aerogel drive units being the recommended replacement -- does anyone know if this is still possible or if they're available on an official basis from somewhere? I love the 782s a lot.

Or maybe if the drive units are still serviceable someone knows how to service them / stop them from failing. I think the same drive units are in the 78c centre too so I have 4 of them to keep alive.

Just picked up a pair of beech 782s today. Took the bass grills off and blocked the ports ... Much better bass now.. may add a bit of wadding to the bass chamber..

Are the 78C mids a direct fit to the 782s?

One of my mids has the mission update driver, the other not.

advertisement

Back