advertisement

Mission 761

Ninety4degrees

I'm lost for stupid again
Well...I picked up a set of mission 761 speakers in great cosmetic condition for £10, you know what it's like, you don't really need them, but the price/condition coefficient just screams buy them.

Got to say bang for buck, punchy, vibrant, lively, nice mids and stage, hooked up to digital sources possibly a little too bright, a good dac might be required, but an Analogue source through an old Akai 1050 receiver made them sing.

I'm pleasently surprised. Anybody else tried these, any thoughts?

Back in the day (early 90's) I almost bought a pair of these for my first proper separates system as I thought they sounded fantastic but I eventually decided on a pair of Tannoy 605's as I thought they looked cooler.

For £10 its a no brainer choice.

Last edited:
Well...I picked up a set of mission 761 speakers in great cosmetic condition for £10, you know what it's like, you don't really need them, but the price/condition coefficient just screams buy them.

Got to say bang for buck, punchy, vibrant, lively, nice mids and stage, hooked up to digital sources possibly a little too bright, a good dac might be required, but an Analogue source through an old Akai 1050 receiver made them sing.

I'm pleasently surprised. Anybody else tried these, any thoughts?

Not surprised one bit. The little Mission 731 was also a very nice speaker. They will never reach cult status because of the price, and the fact that they weren't made by Linn or Naim. The fact that Mission also made a lot of terrible speakers won't help either.

The fact that Mission also made a lot of terrible speakers won't help either.

Agreed, but some time ago I had some old 700's (the white faced one's! which are a little more cultish) which I liked, so I'm pleased these turned out being worth the punt.

advertisement

Back