advertisement

[FS] MiniDSP SHD Studio

Peter Keen

pfm Member
After 35 years on a fairly conventional HiFi pathway, I've jumped lanes into the pro audio world and ended up with a fully digital Genelec SAM setup. Only regret is that I didn't do this earlier!

I bought this SHD Studio off a reputable Ebay seller primarily to be the source/digital pre, and also to see if the PEQ offered would be more flexible and user friendly than the solution provided by the Genelec GLM interface.

It is a fantastic unit, but I have come to the conclusion that it is overkill for my needs, especially as I won't be making use of the DIRAC capability, having finally got comfortable with the GLM platform for room correction.

It is unmarked to my aging eyes (the flecks in the images are dust specks, and working perfectly). Latest firmware is installed, and both the original and recently upgraded remotes are included along with the original power supply. Please note - NO UMIK mic is included, and to use DIRAC function you will one.

No manual, but the MiniDSP site is pretty good. Transferring the DIRAC licence is very straight forward and simply entails opening an account, emailing customer services with SN and waiting a few hours before you can download the software from a link provided. That said, this product has to come with the health warning that it is absolutely not a plug and play device and requires some patience and willingness to master unless, unlike me, you are coming to it with a reasonable audio tech background!

Asking £675, including insured delivery in the UK.

It is very much my hope I can sell to a PF member, but I'm afraid I won't trade on this forum with a brand new member with no posting record. If there are no takers from the existing PF community it will go to Ebay and I will post a link here so an interested new member can bid with the additional protection it affords to both seller and buyer (in theory at least). Hope that makes sense!

Peter

y4mm3vKOUxuh3PFQufueql1Iq4gWV0Izm380I0IhobWT-OGucybv1yh5n4xRayg7c3aLx3HfSxxzCqPTUJeX181rDoeMR4xKA1ALqmf-e2vfR50v99PZsLQxDKLAzgUujGhJv7xyt4cac0Z9w6i6xZwlSDzRXQyKoBH2AZFQdVFwQc0y491w_rQ5wQDS9ZiceHV

y4mmdkbctxEQ22HVW9t0syLgXRLg0cnZZJLA-1cZGKev8GpYZv29Tv8rJs4x_Aau6otjt0jNOb2QVMcsPCg_Qe39NiQ7iakz7zxSPWXT44_niTHRM0WqqObkxL9Nl7_-gXfmnJ3PmuQQR5k5OO7LYuVWuKK1IYz-hz16vWWgGsJKTFut3U4XFQkOZWnlNzMPs_L

y4m_WmZ6mCAluetZiDCCJ3QyW_gq7GQrHL9J_7UQJcqSz3PzFk6h6fMk_5cUeA1l6sqoO0Ryyu2-VHVv-1ohFqZ4rS8hyvpVhUirJSNEaHg1F16_wwolNqLmSCg7qMeLeFxX3bOWGkLQzmYA9OPtzy3l4oKHR4itVNhmwwel5RuxhdIGtXCUEwhtiTNlRquNGjr

y4m7SlXEfpSPFvZEKDgqU0F0b0yEHhnJUEf_TdVnG2gTL-mSxqpS2sGg2RI2Tt9GA5kpR0c09_LFtP3W-hHfvqq1hIFwmFnic8id_fi4TTqi2P-2At4nNCcqcpNEqJFjnTbnJSOl_UyiLUkPCucA0dWt1bzq-wDFdkuVW11zNYGqugMk9uiV7bvqwnTa0apP8Qb

Does it come with a calibrated microphone otherwise you can't really use it properly and what Dirac software version is included. Thanks

My apologies for not being sufficiently clear in my original post - there is no calibrated microphone included in this listing, and yes, one is required to use the DIRAC function. Most users opt for a UMIK-1 at around £125 new. The SHD Studio comes with a perpetual DIRAC licence. I have just loaded this up and it is running version 3 of DIRAC live.

advertisement

Back