advertisement

Mina Smallman - British Police institutional racism

lordsummit

I heard her on R4 yesterday, an incredible woman. However anyone who believes that there isn’t a case for BLM needs to read this. This is such obvious institutional racism, as she says, how safe must the officers have felt to do this, and why did the family have to search for them themselves. Disgusting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...os-of-murdered-sisters?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Wembley park murders: Emotional interview with mum of sisters found dead https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53200019

I’m not going to excuse what the coppers did, but with reduced numbers, increased pressures, and some horrific crimes in London over the years, this sort of behaviour is to be expected. I bet thousands of similar photos have been taken over the years. There will have been some panicky deleting going on...

Disgraceful. Zero tolerance of this type of behaviour or there is a slippery slope to a hell of a mess.

I’m surprised that isn’t attracting more attention. 30 years after Stephen Lawrence and policemen still feel sufficiently empowered and protected to photograph themselves mocking the dead bodies of two murdered black women and send the pictures on to others. Words fail me

I’m not going to excuse what the coppers did, but with reduced numbers, increased pressures, and some horrific crimes in London over the years, this sort of behaviour is to be expected. I bet thousands of similar photos have been taken over the years. There will have been some panicky deleting going on...
You’re not going to excuse what the coppers did, but then you go on to excuse what the coppers did on the grounds that ‘this sort of behaviour is to be expected’.

No. No. No. This behaviour is not to be expected. Or excused.

Last edited:
Words fail me

Me too. I’ve no idea where to even start on this. It is incomprehensible. Putting the scum responsible in jail for life wouldn’t be sufficient, there clearly needs to be an open public investigation into how a culture like this can emerge within the Police force and a look into recruiting policy as it clearly isn’t identifying and weeding out the sociopathic shit etc.

Sorry Tony. It's not to be expected. It's horrific plain and simple.

So posing for photographs with two murder victims no matter how disgusting and abhorrent any decent minded person would agree this to be, warrants life imprisonment which is more draconian than the current sentencing for rapists, paedophiles and murderers.

Many people live their lives on, and through, social media. It is society where people will video someone being beaten up but do nothing to intervene; it is a society where the people doing the beating will video it and then share it. Most right thinking people would consider this unacceptable.

When the Police do it at a crime scene then it becomes something more serious. Misconduct in Public Office, which this might well be, carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Me too. I’ve no idea where to even start on this. It is incomprehensible. Putting the scum responsible in jail for life wouldn’t be sufficient, there clearly needs to be an open public investigation into how a culture like this can emerge within the Police force and a look into recruiting policy as it clearly isn’t identifying and weeding out the sociopathic shit etc.
As you say, this goes beyond the individuals concerned, this goes to the heart of a culture within the police in which these dehumanisers felt comfortable and protected enough by the institution in which they operated to record their dehumanising behaviour and share it with others.

advertisement

Back