Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Millipeade Labour leader

Discussion in 'off topic' started by zener, Oct 3, 2012.

1. zener

zener fluff

Ed Millipeade couldnt remember the question he was answering on the BBC this morning... Do you really want him as PM ... I think they are all crap by the way.
    PS for the stupid ..he was asked a question , started answering , then was asked "you are not answering my question" , He replied " I cant remember your question" ...draw you own conclusions:).

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

He's got a good few IQ points on Cameron though. I'd put money on it.

PS I think "I can't remember your question!" is a far better and funnier repost / diversionary tactic than Cameron's usual red-faced bluster and point blank refusal to answer with anything other than a pre-prepared sound-bite about something else entirely.

3. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

More than a few.

4. lAmBoY

lAmBoY pfm Member

him and ed balls are the reason I wont vote labour at the next election....and that will be the first time in my life i havent voted labour

5. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

Although to be fair, even Ed was getting a bit steamed up with Evan this morning.

I wanted to hear Evan ask how long it took the spinmeisters to come up with such an anodyne and meaningless soundbite as "one nation Labour"?

6. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

It's obviously about as unoriginal as you can possibly be, but unless you have been living under a rock, not recieving newspapers or tv and not au fait with the internets I can't see how you can think it "meaningless". Surely in these divisive times its a very sensible approach to government.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

There's something I don't like about Ed Balls, he strikes me as shifty somehow. I like Ed M though, he's one of very few politicians I think I'd actually get on with - he seems intelligent, well-read and genuinely interested in political theory, very different to the arrogant sociopathic trough-feeders we've become used to for so long. I still don't think I can ever bring myself to vote Labour though. I swore never to do so again after the Iraq thing and the absurd authoritarianism at home afterwards - there's still far too many of that ugly shower slithering around the party for me to take them too seriously.

8. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

Because I can't see their policies, as they stand ATM, making us a magical land of equals.

9. lAmBoY

lAmBoY pfm Member

i dont blame labour totally for eyerak, i blame TonyBliar for his brown-nosing one of the most hated men on the planet - Dubya.

10. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

I've been trying to crack the pfm political debate code. I think I've got it...

I can't possibly think of voting Tory because of Thatcher. Cameron has done a few things that aren't stellar - but that really isn't the reason - it's Thatcher. Milk, Poll Tax, unemployment, union legislation, miners etc. The last 23 years are irrelevant.

Similarly Labour and Blair - mostly for Iraq, WMD, legality / the UN and clearly lying about it all. Can't vote for them. The last 10 years are irrelevant.

Clegg, hypocrisy etc. Can't vote. Etc.

The next guys are going to do something really heinous. Like tick their non-hip T shirts into their boxers.

11. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

If you are as old as me, you can remember back to the halcyon days of 'one nation tories', who bore little resemblance to the thieving scum running the country at present. I disagreed with them, but could at least have some respect for them. This was also the era of 'consensus politics'. All ruined by Thatch.

Labour's adoption of the 'One Nation' tag is pretty astute and also points ironically at the divisive scapegoating and elitist approach of the ConDems.

Mull

12. zener

zener fluff

They are all shifty , I wouldnt trust any of them. I will be voting for a small non influential party in future , one that doesnt try to buy votes.

13. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

What were you smoking?

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Agreed, the clever bit is in banging the point home that this current crop of Tories imbeciles are the furthest from the old 'one nation' ideal that the party has been in living memory.

15. IMHO they should make Miliband, Cameron, and Clegg into The Human Centipede Part III. Then the only person that'll have to swallow their shit is themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I think you are hugely unfair to exclude Nigel Farage and Nick Griffin from your centipede.

PS that film is regularly on Sky, I just can't bring myself to watch it.

17. Well thats true, In Part II they have 12, so 11 seats to eat.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  18. mmterror

mmterror pfm Member

Every time I hear him say "in this current situation...."

I feel myself say "...that your party helped put us in...."

Its still too early to take Labour seriously. They have as much credibility as the Tories with me.

19. Dunno, its poor form to repeatedly blame the last Labour party. Yes they made mistakes but at least they were a proper cabinet, all we have now is a 'waiting room' full of leaches and self indulgent public school boy fags.

20. mmterror

mmterror pfm Member

Well on one side we have cat shit and on the other dog shit.

We the public are so lucky to have the choice I guess.