advertisement

Mid 70's speaker identification

well maybe. my dad nos 3 friends that have same speakers just wish new what make thay are and modal number

On my screen I couldn't see the coils. Inductors of that vintage were typically ferrite core, but I suppose the physics dictates that there has to be at LEAST one inductor in the LF input, so my supposition that these are all trimpots (which were very common in 1970s speakers) must be erroneous.

Were they? I don't think so. Many were hand wound air core and these could be just that. Looks like first order for the woofers and a 2 pole filter for the tweeter.

there 100w and 4oms HMV number 249887 on back under the logo thay could be hmv speaker or goodmans speaker becouse beck in 70s not many people could aford to buy speakers like that so could be rare i cant find anything online about it

but looked online and found this looks bit like this thay are hmv number 2406 from 1960's

goodmans_hmv_2406__28190525m.jpg

Would you believe, i've still not got around to hooking these up!

Samba2 i'll dig them out and have another look for any model numbers etc

i happen to have same speakers ive look everywhere for them cant find anything and till i seen this here some pictures of mine there goodmans hmv from mid 70s

I've got some hmv speakers too. A different model. They have Goodmans drivers as well, which would suggest that they were designed and made by Goodman's for hmv to go with a complete system.

advertisement

Back