advertisement

Microsoft Outlook 365, advice sought.

Who's to know, and how?

(I would, but only if both the default email editor and Word, i.e. 'Wordmail, haven't had their default forms altered.)

I would be more concerned with security, I'll be honest I don't know anyone using software this old so I might be completely wrong but I would imagine MS stopped supporting 2003 a long time ago.

Server side should be dealing with most dross, but it does get through occasionally.

I have to say I have like all of us I am sure a stupid amount of subs now, including my work subs as well its expensive. But Microsoft 365 has been the best bang for buck in a sub I have seen. And the next best is the MS XBOX gaming subscription, excellent value.

I am sure open options are just dandy but I was bought up on MS office and dont see that changing anytime soon.

I would be more concerned with security, I'll be honest I don't know anyone using software this old so I might be completely wrong but I would imagine MS stopped supporting 2003 a long time ago.
If the OP were still using Windows XP then I'd be concerned for him. Desktop apps, not so much. Also, there has been very little new in MS Officeland since 2003. Most all of the hitherto only promised app/doc integration and automation features had finally been delivered, and 32bit apps continue to be supported via WOW64 emulation going into Windows 11.

Take it from someone who cut their professional teeth using Multiplan on CP/M (from back before when Excel was an Apple only app, let alone when Lotus 123 ruled) that there is still plenty of life left in Office 2003, vendor supported or no. Frankly, I could have just as easily developed my last fully automated data analysis project using Excel 2003, as I did using the latest green coloured ribbon subscription version. With Office Compatibility Pack installed, I could have submitted .xlsx/.xlsm and the client would never have known the difference, not that it should matter one jot what pencil and/or calculator I use.

advertisement

Back