advertisement

Micro Tipping for Good Advice

MJS

Technical Tinkerer
I'm aware of sites like Patreon and Buymeacoffe but is anyone using anything like these for day to day advice? I'm no content creator but I dish out, and appreciate, a lot of good advice on this forum and others. I would be happy to accept or tip other members for their help - you know, maybe a £ here or there, not a $4 coffee, but a bit more than just a 'like'. I'm aware PayPal can do this but it seems a bit impolite.

I guess I'm just thinking out loud and it probably goes against the spirit of this forum but I'd welcome anyone else's thoughts.

@Tony L is this within the AUP, or would this sort of thing be considered a Trade activity?

Since I am retired I give help and advice here and elsewhere for free. I also repair local peeps computers also for free. My tax affairs are complex enough without additional income to add yet more hassle.

I wouldn't mind if the tipping went to run this web site i.e. to TonyL.

Cheers,

DV

It does; the ‘donations’ button on the menu bar does its job very well and generates quite a bit over the year.
However I can't use it. It took me years to get rid of Paypal and I don't want it back. Maybe post a check to you or bank xfer if that doesn't cause you tax problems.

Cheers,

DV

I wouldn't mind if the tipping went to run this web site i.e. to TonyL.

Just what I was thinking - there is a lot of good and useful advice handed out here (most of the time anyway!), best place to appreciate it if you want to donate is probably to the site itself.

Maybe post a check to you or bank xfer if that doesn't cause you tax problems.

Many thanks. I can accept anything, no tax problems. I declare everything regardless of format, e.g. donated records, CDs etc all go through the books too, it’s all an in/out at the end of the day. Just PM and I can give details.

advertisement

Back