advertisement

mick ronson

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi bought Slaughter on 10th Avenue, a few weeks back playing it again now, well it's not what i expected with the title and his playing with bowie i expected roarches rock but no, sounds a bit bowie'ish which i guess is no surprise, but also early uriah heep / alice cooper, bit of a curve ball, good enough but i wanted more, would i have bought it after hearing it first probably not, but then again i would have heard it then, and like many of you i have cd's that i have only played once, but for a fiver of the bay, what can you do, anyone else got this, and what do you think cheers andy

I have the CD having first heard it back in 1976 when a former girlfriend had the LP. Forward 25 years and on a nostalgia wave bought the CD. Some good tracks but I listen to the album very infrequently now.

I bought the LP when it first came out. I can't have liked it much, as I got rid of it soon afterwards.

Bought a secondhand LP found crate-digging last year or so as I was intrigued and always liked what he did with Bowie and Mott. Can't say it blew me away but I've kept it for the novelty value

advertisement

Back