1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

mick ronson

Discussion in 'music' started by graystoke4, Aug 10, 2019.

1. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

hi bought Slaughter on 10th Avenue, a few weeks back playing it again now, well it's not what i expected with the title and his playing with bowie i expected roarches rock but no, sounds a bit bowie'ish which i guess is no surprise, but also early uriah heep / alice cooper, bit of a curve ball, good enough but i wanted more, would i have bought it after hearing it first probably not, but then again i would have heard it then, and like many of you i have cd's that i have only played once, but for a fiver of the bay, what can you do, anyone else got this, and what do you think cheers andy

2. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

I have the CD having first heard it back in 1976 when a former girlfriend had the LP. Forward 25 years and on a nostalgia wave bought the CD. Some good tracks but I listen to the album very infrequently now.

3. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I bought the LP when it first came out. I can't have liked it much, as I got rid of it soon afterwards.

4. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Bought a secondhand LP found crate-digging last year or so as I was intrigued and always liked what he did with Bowie and Mott. Can't say it blew me away but I've kept it for the novelty value

5. rod ayling

rod ayling pfm Member

Love that Bowie composition on Slaughter "Growing up and I'm fine".